• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

we offered 4* cameron edge from delaware per twitter but he is crystal balled for maryland

https://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Edge-46094200/

Also offered Tad Hudson who was always going to UNC and has been committed there since last year.

Pierce Clarkson who committed to Louisville today but is kind of a weird one since he is from SoCal and not someone we would likely normally go after but he went on a big cross country camp tour last year and was at a Wake camp so might as well offer since he showed up. Supposedly some kind of Adidas connection with his father is why he ended up with Lousiville.

Christopher Vizzina. Looks like he is going to Clemson. Very religious so that kinda tracks.

Dylan Lonergan who is a big time baseball prospect from Georgia with a cannon arm is likely plan B for UGA if Arch goes elsewhere. If not baseball or UGA he probably ends up somewhere else in the SEC.

All those guys are top 20 QBs. Not the end of the world that we are going to miss out on all those guys but would like us to at least get more traction than we appear to be.

2024 has a kid from Bolles, DJ Moore, being coached by Riley Skinner that looks like he will be highly rated and is supposedly high on Wake so some promise there. Posted a video on twitter of a workout a while back and was wearing a Wake shirt.

Harry Lodge, they say Belmont High School but it’s actually Belmont Hill school. They were my rivals in HS. Add another New England boarding school kid to the roster.

Clawson just tweeted about this new TE commit. Not sure if he’s a PWO or not.

https://twitter.com/coachclawson/status/1488850212730785793?s=21

Totally sidebar to this guy's commitment, but the photo got me thinking about the evolution of the "two hands in the shoulder pad collar" thing. I don't recall it ever being a thing until the last 5 years or so ago; started with the QB's but has now spread to all positions. Now it's standard fare for just standing on the sidelines or posing for a photo.
I've got a bunch of old football cards in my attic; maybe I'll check to see if the old guys did it but I'd be surprised if the likes of Butkus, Lawrence Taylor or Elway were collar-hangers.

he signed an NSD which i believe means he is on scholarship.

between him and jaegerbull, i believe we are now 3 schollies over for next year. gotta suspect there will be some movement with TEs

Is that a good or bad thing?

The kids that have D-1 talent often play both ways in the ISL, in part due to how good they are as well as the small team sizes. Most of the schools don't have enough for full JV and Varsity so they are often combined due to the low numbers. A game changer like that will be used as much as possible.

I think Blue's comment may have been that if he doesn't do well at TE, then he can always switch to DE. But to be fair, in 2019 we had a 5'8 165 lb walk on from St. Mark's who also was a starting DE and had 12 sacks. So the cornucopia that is the talent pool of the ISL is only so deep.

Chuck Bednarik AKA Concrete Charlie says it is good thing. Frank Gifford disagrees.

The kids that have D-1 talent often play both ways in the ISL, in part due to how good they are as well as the small team sizes. Most of the schools don't have enough for full JV and Varsity so they are often combined due to the low numbers. A game changer like that will be used as much as possible.

I think Blue's comment may have been that if he doesn't do well at TE, then he can always switch to DE. But to be fair, in 2019 we had a 5'8 165 lb walk on from St. Mark's who also was a starting DE and had 12 sacks. So the cornucopia that is the talent pool of the ISL is only so deep.

Not just that.

He gets to see the work of OTs and blocking Tight ends at game speed and intensity from the other side. What techniques used against him worked? What didn't? What blocking techniques should he learn to better stop pass rushers? As the DE, what techniques negate the blocking and allow him to make the tackle/get the sack/hurry the QB?

The more stuff you know about what you are doing, the better you usually are at doing it.

Seems clear to me that we are preparing to address issues against pass rushes we had last year with more action to the TE. I like it.

Back