• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Cade had a 1,000 yard season despite 6 losses. Injuries cost him maybe 20 rushing attempts. That was a bowl season. Replace him with a no-injury Walker at his current average and it's a 1,300+ yard season.

We run a ton more plays than most offenses, splitting carries isn't the end of the world if we have a clear #1. It's also a different story when you have a guy like CBS who can really block, so this year there was definitely no shot for KW3 to even sniff what he did at Michigan State. But that won't be the case every year just because it's a Clawson offense.

from what i understand, our offensive scheme is not conducive to a strong rushing attack because our offensive line has to almost always play for both run and pass so they can't push blocks downfield.

from what i understand, our offensive scheme is not conducive to a strong rushing attack because our offensive line has to almost always play for both run and pass so they can't push blocks downfield.

I disagree. We have had years averaging over 4.5 yards per rush, which is plenty strong rushing numbers. And we have had Coburn and Carney go for close to 1000 yards in a season with this offense. The problem is that is it is hard to run the ball consistently when you can throw the ball as effectively as we have, especially this year. I mean, Hartman is averaging almost 9 yards PER ATTEMPT. That's insane production, and we would be even more insane if we focused on running the ball at this point.

Wake went to a straight rushing game in the last drive at BC. They ran the ball and ran a lot of time off the clock. Felt like Wake had borrowed the Army offense from the first quarter of Wake's game with them.

No, it's not. RBs are always gonna heavily split in the WFU offense. Has there ever been a time when a WFU RB got 70% of the carries during the Clawson tenure? Maybe very early on when the stable was empty and we were slogging out 6-3 games.

If we have a KWIII that can also pass block I think you might see that player get the bulk of the carries with the other RBs just there to keep him fresh. If no one stands out, then they will split more evenly.

One time Wake commit (for like 39 minutes before decommitting) Marvin Scott III, RB, Nebraska has entered the transfer portal. 17 carries for 66 yards and 2 TDs this season.

No, it's not. RBs are always gonna heavily split in the WFU offense. Has there ever been a time when a WFU RB got 70% of the carries during the Clawson tenure? Maybe very early on when the stable was empty and we were slogging out 6-3 games.

Walker stats in 6 games for us last year vs MSU this year.

119 579 4.9 13 75
263 1,636 6.2 18 94

1200+ 25 tds for us was more than possible as we didn't even get to play most of the terrible ACC teams Duke, FSU, etc...

With Kelly going to LSU, I think we can breathe a little easier about Grimes sticking with his commitment to Wake.

Agreed though you know if he committed to ND- he would all of the sudden be a 4 star. Heck - so should Hall and Claiborne- look at their offers

I'll happily pay for Les (and Conor too) the minute his site isn't on the wrong side of the FTC* when it comes to billing and subscriptions (easy to sign up and yes of course it automatically renews, but if you wanna cancel good luck finding an easy way to do that, you gotta call and wait on a phone). Easily the most frustrating thing about 247 and Rivals, and an awful dark pattern that signals bad intent towards the consumers.

* https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...t-against-illegal-dark-patterns-trick-or-trap

The best life hack I can recommend is getting a credit card that allows you to generate what's called a Virtual Account Number. Rather than using your real credit card number you can randomly generate a one time use credit card number where you pick the expiration date and credit limit. It is absolutely crucial for any of those subscription auto-renew services where they make it nearly impossible to cancel. It's also been clutch for me for sporting events where they have a "limit" on the number of tickets you can buy (mostly Red Sox / Yankees back in the MLB's heyday) and it is great whenever you just aren't 100% sure about a site or person you're buying from and don't want to use your main credit card.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credit-cards/virtual-credit-card-numbers-guide/

Wake went to a straight rushing game in the last drive at BC. They ran the ball and ran a lot of time off the clock. Felt like Wake had borrowed the Army offense from the first quarter of Wake's game with them.
Clawson mentioned that in his press conference. Insane stat....we ran 9 minutes off the clock and went a total of 25 yards.

Anyone from UVA we can steal?

Only two UVA commits we offered per 247 were Dakota Twitty and Will Hardy, both as WRs. With limited space already and Grimes committed doubt there would be much interest unless we tried to get Hardy as a safety. Twitty despite his high ranking looks way too slow to play WR and likely needs to switch to TE. Grimes is much better from what I’ve seen.

Cade had a 1,000 yard season despite 6 losses. Injuries cost him maybe 20 rushing attempts. That was a bowl season. Replace him with a no-injury Walker at his current average and it's a 1,300+ yard season.

We run a ton more plays than most offenses, splitting carries isn't the end of the world if we have a clear #1. It's also a different story when you have a guy like CBS who can really block, so this year there was definitely no shot for KW3 to even sniff what he did at Michigan State. But that won't be the case every year just because it's a Clawson offense.

That was a not great wake team playing a Frosh QB.

Wake averages about 300 carries a year among their lead horses. In the year you are referencing, it was closer to 400. Still didn’t make this 1300 yard threshold because the carries were split.

With the Bowl Game being in Jacksonville, maybe we can invite the 3 guys from the Bolles school we have offered. It seems like the magic of Riley Skinner may have worn off, as it doesn't look like any of them will commit to Wake.

per twitter stud DT from Richmond Kobie Turner is visiting this weekend. CAA defensive player of the year would be awesome. lots of competition. maybe he’s friends with mustapha.

per twitter stud DT from Richmond Kobie Turner is visiting this weekend. CAA defensive player of the year would be awesome. lots of competition. maybe he’s friends with mustapha.

appears richmond’s HC was clawsons DC when he was at richmond. hopefully plays in our favor.

Wow, would be great addition at a much needed position.

Mature, experienced and capable guys are a big plus on the lines in particular. Guys who are physically mature have some advantage over young guys who are still finishing their growth. Miles Fox and Luiji Vilain were guys in that situation. This guy sounds like a good "next" in that line.

I just posted this on wrong thread but ....

Demond Claiborne not signing with us... opening up recruitment and deciding in Feb.

Sucks...

Ugh that fucking sucks. Any noise about Grimes? He seemed to be the more likely risk but perhaps Notre Dame is not really in the picture with the staff turnover.

Back