Page 448 of 455 FirstFirst ... 348398438443444445446447448449450451452453 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 9093

Thread: Wake Forest Football Recruiting

  1. #8941
    His name screams DB but I’m glad his destiny is RB

    Also let this be the reversal of the Kenny Pickett curse

  2. #8942
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    66,517
    6A in Alabama do his numbers are likely legit. Also gotta love that his Twitter nickname is “OooWee”

  3. #8943
    Just for the heck of it, I decided to go back to 2017, the year our offense really took off, and tally All-ACC selections by position group.

    QB: 1st- 0
    2nd- 2 (Wolford '17, Hartman '21)
    3rd- 0

    RB: 1st- 0
    2nd- 0
    3rd- 0

    WR/TE: 1st- 4 (Serigne '17, Dortch '18 as AP, Surratt '19, Perry '21)
    2nd- 3 (Dortch '17 as AP, Roberson '20, Roberson '21)
    3rd- 1 (Hinton '19,

    OL: 1st- 1 (Tom '21)
    2nd- 2 (R. Anderson '17, P. Haynes '18)
    3rd- 5 (J. Herron '17, P. Haynes '17, J. Herron '19, N. Gilliam '19, S Maginn '21)

    There's a pretty obvious gap there. In part, it's due to how we rotate backs, but I also think it's partly because, apart from Walker, we've had a bunch of good backs, but none who were great, much less elite. Hopefully Claiborne and Pickett will start a new trend.

  4. #8944
    Pickett cuts, eyes, power all like Walker.

  5. #8945
    Pickett seems like an outstanding commit

    Transfer DB from Youngstown State announces today - WF his only P5 option


  6. #8946
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,125
    https://ysusports.com/sports/footbal...on-martin/5434
    His stats look good. 10 starts, 22 solo tackles, 10 PBUs, and a pick.

    https://ysusports.com/news/2022/4/6/4_6_2022_98.aspx
    Has between a 3.2 and 3.5 GPA.

    https://ysu.prestosports.com/sports/...tin_keyon_w5bs
    His dad was an NFL DB for the Oilers and Bills.

  7. #8947

  8. #8948
    Zion Keith decommitted from App State. Possible return to Wake?

  9. #8949
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Zion Keith decommitted from App State. Possible return to Wake?
    I don't think there's any universe where Claw would let him come back, regardless of how amicable the split was.

  10. #8950
    Not that it matters, but I'd assume he's heading to Duke.

  11. #8951
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyDivingDeacon View Post
    Not that it matters, but I'd assume he's heading to Duke.
    Good. They will never beat UNCheat then as long as he is on the team.

  12. #8952
    Steve Lepore WakeFanAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU1977 View Post
    Good. They will never beat UNCheat then as long as he is on the team.
    Is it a good thing for dook to never beat unc cheat? If dook is having a down year I’m all for them getting the upset.
    This is my signature.

  13. #8953
    Hilton Alexander committed. Fast receiver from GA.

  14. #8954
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    Hilton Alexander committed. Fast receiver from GA.
    Another slot speedster

  15. #8955
    The Pumpfaker TimmyClutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas Forever
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    Hilton Alexander committed. Fast receiver from GA.
    His dad had a cup of coffee in the NFL. His commitment gives us the # 13 recruiting class in the country at the moment. I like the way this class is coming together. Probably looking to add some DB's and LB's as well.

    Looking the 2023 season, I am curious if the staff is looking a little harder at finding a QB now, with Hartman in his final season, Edwards transferring and Santino moving to RB. We would be going into that season with Kern, Kelly and the Griffis brothers.

  16. #8956
    He's planning to enroll early so he'll be around for spring practice. That's awesome

  17. #8957
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    66,517
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    His dad had a cup of coffee in the NFL. His commitment gives us the # 13 recruiting class in the country at the moment. I like the way this class is coming together. Probably looking to add some DB's and LB's as well.

    Looking the 2023 season, I am curious if the staff is looking a little harder at finding a QB now, with Hartman in his final season, Edwards transferring and Santino moving to RB. We would be going into that season with Kern, Kelly and the Griffis brothers.
    Pretty sure we look hard to find a QB in every single class.

  18. #8958
    We have 3 offers out to 2023 QBs, and two of those guys are already committed (Louisville, Chapel Hill)

    Meanwhile, we have 7 offers out to 2024 QBs. Sure looks like we’re putting all our eggs in the 2024 basket…

  19. #8959
    The Pumpfaker TimmyClutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas Forever
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Pretty sure we look hard to find a QB in every single class.
    So why have we only offered 3 this cycle? 2 of which are already committed and Lonergan is expected to commit to SC. Last year we extended offers to 7 and 11 the year before. QBs tend to commit earliest in the cycle. For the sake of reference, only 21 of the top 68 QBs still have open recruitments according to 247.

  20. #8960
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    So why have we only offered 3 this cycle? 2 of which are already committed and Lonergan is expected to commit to SC. Last year we extended offers to 7 and 11 the year before. QBs tend to commit earliest in the cycle. For the sake of reference, only 21 of the top 68 QBs still have open recruitments according to 247.
    Wake generally waits to offer a QB until Clawson and Ruggiero have seen him throw, usually on campus. With Sam returning for 23, Wake obviously did not have an open spot at starting QB. Some QBs think they should start as true freshmen, and look for an opportunity where that at least looks possible. The higher up the ratings chart the staff is looking, the more likely the kid thinks he should start now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •