• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

His name screams DB but I’m glad his destiny is RB

Also let this be the reversal of the Kenny Pickett curse

6A in Alabama do his numbers are likely legit. Also gotta love that his Twitter nickname is “OooWee”

Just for the heck of it, I decided to go back to 2017, the year our offense really took off, and tally All-ACC selections by position group.

QB: 1st- 0
2nd- 2 (Wolford '17, Hartman '21)
3rd- 0

RB: 1st- 0
2nd- 0
3rd- 0

WR/TE: 1st- 4 (Serigne '17, Dortch '18 as AP, Surratt '19, Perry '21)
2nd- 3 (Dortch '17 as AP, Roberson '20, Roberson '21)
3rd- 1 (Hinton '19,

OL: 1st- 1 (Tom '21)
2nd- 2 (R. Anderson '17, P. Haynes '18)
3rd- 5 (J. Herron '17, P. Haynes '17, J. Herron '19, N. Gilliam '19, S Maginn '21)

There's a pretty obvious gap there. In part, it's due to how we rotate backs, but I also think it's partly because, apart from Walker, we've had a bunch of good backs, but none who were great, much less elite. Hopefully Claiborne and Pickett will start a new trend.

Pickett seems like an outstanding commit

Transfer DB from Youngstown State announces today - WF his only P5 option

Zion Keith decommitted from App State. Possible return to Wake?

Hilton Alexander committed. Fast receiver from GA.

His dad had a cup of coffee in the NFL. His commitment gives us the # 13 recruiting class in the country at the moment. I like the way this class is coming together. Probably looking to add some DB's and LB's as well.

Looking the 2023 season, I am curious if the staff is looking a little harder at finding a QB now, with Hartman in his final season, Edwards transferring and Santino moving to RB. We would be going into that season with Kern, Kelly and the Griffis brothers.

He's planning to enroll early so he'll be around for spring practice. That's awesome

His dad had a cup of coffee in the NFL. His commitment gives us the # 13 recruiting class in the country at the moment. I like the way this class is coming together. Probably looking to add some DB's and LB's as well.

Looking the 2023 season, I am curious if the staff is looking a little harder at finding a QB now, with Hartman in his final season, Edwards transferring and Santino moving to RB. We would be going into that season with Kern, Kelly and the Griffis brothers.

Pretty sure we look hard to find a QB in every single class.

We have 3 offers out to 2023 QBs, and two of those guys are already committed (Louisville, Chapel Hill)

Meanwhile, we have 7 offers out to 2024 QBs. Sure looks like we’re putting all our eggs in the 2024 basket…

Pretty sure we look hard to find a QB in every single class.

So why have we only offered 3 this cycle? 2 of which are already committed and Lonergan is expected to commit to SC. Last year we extended offers to 7 and 11 the year before. QBs tend to commit earliest in the cycle. For the sake of reference, only 21 of the top 68 QBs still have open recruitments according to 247.

So why have we only offered 3 this cycle? 2 of which are already committed and Lonergan is expected to commit to SC. Last year we extended offers to 7 and 11 the year before. QBs tend to commit earliest in the cycle. For the sake of reference, only 21 of the top 68 QBs still have open recruitments according to 247.

Wake generally waits to offer a QB until Clawson and Ruggiero have seen him throw, usually on campus. With Sam returning for 23, Wake obviously did not have an open spot at starting QB. Some QBs think they should start as true freshmen, and look for an opportunity where that at least looks possible. The higher up the ratings chart the staff is looking, the more likely the kid thinks he should start now.

Back