• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Freshman and sophomores at US military academies must apply to have their resignations accepted. If the resignations are accepted (and they typically are), they will have no future military obligations.

Any cadet that attempts to resign after the first day of classes their junior year will continue to have a two year active duty military commitment. Any cadet that seeks to resign after the first day of classes their senior year will have a three year military commitment.

Here is a link to the Air Force website on the subject: https://www.academyadmissions.com/apply/commitment/

So, as long as the transfer from Navy has not started his junior year (and he hasn't), he should have no military commitment.
This is what I thought the deal was. I knew there was some kind of enlistment service requirement and didn't think it would just go away if you transferred out. Now I see you've got essentially your first two years to be able to "back out" or you're locked in.
Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

He committed
2efc0bb849c4d2ccec3412b387f2298b.jpg

It’s interesting how in the last few years that Wake has really developed a reputation as a passing/offensive team. Becoming a destination for QBs and WRs who want a wide open offense that moves and scores a lot.

Doeren benefitted greatly from Larry Fedora focusing recruiting outside NC. Now that Mack is laser focused on NC, Doeren is getting his ass kicked. Plus he appears to be a mediocre judge of staff coaches.

Hilarious

It’s interesting how in the last few years that Wake has really developed a reputation as a passing/offensive team. Becoming a destination for QBs and WRs who want a wide open offense that moves and scores a lot.

Now to convince some top tier O-line prospects that the skills they learn protecting QBs at Wake are a good precursor for NFL success.

Now to convince some top tier O-line prospects that the skills they learn protecting QBs at Wake are a good precursor for NFL success.

Luke Petitbon was the only person to shut down a top 15 player in the country consistently during the UA All American practices and dominated The Opening.

George Sell had a litany of offers and is seen as good enough to potentially be on the 2 deep immediately.

Jaydon Collins might be better than both of them.

Luke Petitbon was the only person to shut down a top 15 player in the country consistently during the UA All American practices and dominated The Opening.

George Sell had a litany of offers and is seen as good enough to potentially be on the 2 deep immediately.

Jaydon Collins might be better than both of them.

Really feel that our Oline has been on an upward trend the past few years. Look at player development, depth, quality of recruits/commits, game performance and players getting a shot at the NFL. It’s all good. I am very positive about our younger offensive linemen. Think the coming years are going to be fun for the Beef Boys.

I don't know how good our OL will be this year but with Pettibon, Sell, Collins, Gulbin and Elmonus in the program, it is looking bright for the immediate future

Good size and speed on Dezmond Williams. The pick 6 highlight from his tape is excellent. Good open field runner, could add some value on PR/KR.

Is he being recruited as a QB?

Back