• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

crazy how Deac94 just kinda disappeared. Doesn't seem to post much on twitter anymore either. Miss his contributions since football recruiting is a lot harder to follow casually- need someone to curate for me.

crazy how Deac94 just kinda disappeared. Doesn't seem to post much on twitter anymore either. Miss his contributions since football recruiting is a lot harder to follow casually- need someone to curate for me.

Probably just pay Les.

Probably just pay Les.

I'll happily pay for Les (and Conor too) the minute his site isn't on the wrong side of the FTC* when it comes to billing and subscriptions (easy to sign up and yes of course it automatically renews, but if you wanna cancel good luck finding an easy way to do that, you gotta call and wait on a phone). Easily the most frustrating thing about 247 and Rivals, and an awful dark pattern that signals bad intent towards the consumers.

* https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...t-against-illegal-dark-patterns-trick-or-trap

I'll happily pay for Les (and Conor too) the minute his site isn't on the wrong side of the FTC* when it comes to billing and subscriptions (easy to sign up and yes of course it automatically renews, but if you wanna cancel good luck finding an easy way to do that, you gotta call and wait on a phone). Easily the most frustrating thing about 247 and Rivals, and an awful dark pattern that signals bad intent towards the consumers.

* https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...t-against-illegal-dark-patterns-trick-or-trap

You wonder. Then again it isa whole industry feeding off high school kids and our frenzy to find news about our programs. I have a free trial with one and a discount with the other after resisting until recently. Some good stuff, but most of what you can find elsewhere if you really. This is especially true for bigger schools than ours where free information is abundant. The recruiting coverage for Wake is not worth paying for as there is so little of it. IMHO. I have a almost year left before the cancellation drama begins.

I don't care at all about any of the 247 or Rivals non-WFU content. So all of that is actually a drawback for me. But as noted the absolute deal-killer is the awful cancellation rigamarole.

I wish Les and Conor would leave those networks, team-up, start a Wordpress-based site (easy), charge more (because we are a smallish universe) and add yearly fundraisers and/or Patreon to buttress subscription revenue. I'd absolutely pay for that. It wouldn't surprise me if WFU would support such an endeavor in one way or another. WFU was very supportive (not financially, though when I split with TheInsiders WFU reached out to make sure I had a plan) back in the ACCBoards.Com days.

At the end of the day if we as WFU fans want this sort of content (an open question, I suppose), we need to find a business model that makes it feasible. I don't think 247 or Rivals is that model. People are making money there, but not necessarily the content producers.

Ideally both or either would be on The Athletic. But their own subscription platforms would be great. I rarely check 247 because it's not a great format and there's no mobile option that I know of.

I guess I’ll ask this here — how many scholarships do we have available next year? How many of those are set to be filled by commitments? Will we have any space to add transfers?

And one suggestion: if anyone has kept track of all this or wants to — that should be the person to start a new recruiting thread with that info.

I guess I’ll ask this here — how many scholarships do we have available next year? How many of those are set to be filled by commitments? Will we have any space to add transfers?

And one suggestion: if anyone has kept track of all this or wants to — that should be the person to start a new recruiting thread with that info.

If everyone returns who has eligibility and all our current commits sign in a couple of weeks, WF is over the limit, but there are several "super juniors" that went through senior day and could be reasonably expected to leave. Also, while WF is better than most at keeping its players out of the portal, it's inevitable that some on the roster will transfer. The one negative (and it's a comparatively teeny negative) of playing in the ACCCG is that its hard to get an handle on who is staying and who is leaving as the team is focused on winning a title on Saturday.

If we win on Saturday, are players going to go into the portal before the Peach Bowl? Doubtful. I'm sure Clawson already has a good idea about who is graduating/grad transferring though.

With Kelly going to LSU, I think we can breathe a little easier about Grimes sticking with his commitment to Wake.

Missouri's top TE transferring. One year of eligibility remaining I guess. Former 4-star DE.

Parker was the top tight end for Mizzou this season, recording 12 receptions for 93 yards and three touchdowns while also earning praise for his blocking ability. The senior was the hero of MU’s Nov. 20 victory over Florida, securing the ball in the end zone on a two-point conversion in overtime to ensure bowl eligibility for the Tigers. The Kansas City native and Blue Springs High product came to Mizzou as a four-star recruit. He signed as a defensive end in 2018 but then switched to offense. He recorded 41 receptions for 337 yards and four touchdowns through his four seasons at MU. He missed half of the 2020 season because of a concussion and also some time in 2019 after an eye infection nearly ended his football career.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/c...-missouri/article256202882.html#storylink=cpy

Did not thank Drinkwitz in his farewell Tweet.

We're probably not a premier destination for running backs right now.

it's possible to get 1500 15 in the Clawfense. KWIII was on pace to do to if we had full season and he hadn't opted out.

it's possible to get 1500 15 in the Clawfense. KWIII was on pace to do to if we had full season and he hadn't opted out.

No, it's not. RBs are always gonna heavily split in the WFU offense. Has there ever been a time when a WFU RB got 70% of the carries during the Clawson tenure? Maybe very early on when the stable was empty and we were slogging out 6-3 games.

Back