• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Although we may want to check with Les, I believe Devonte Gordon will also enroll in January. Let's not forget about him.

Was he a greyshirt? Or did he get injured his senior year in high school? Why the delayed start?

From Sahara I’ve read the past two days, Muschamp’s got a good class lined up at USC.

Not as much written about the Wake players today at the Shrine Bowl practice, but there are some comments https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...Zacch-Pickens-2018-Shrine-Bowl-126287399/Amp/

"Wake Forest pledge Shamar McCollum was active in South Carolina's practice. The Dillon (S.C.) product is listed as a weakside defensive end but lined up at linebacker for the Sandlappers and looked like a good fit in defending the flats and blitzing off the edge. McCollum's frame may be best suited at linebacker at the next level."

That's interesting, and with 4 commits at DE it might be a good move for Wake.

Flood of crystal balls coming in for Jaden McKenzie to Ohio State. Bummer there.

Flood of crystal balls coming in for Jaden McKenzie to Ohio State. Bummer there.

Would be pretty unfortunate. I certainly get the appeal of playing at a “big time” program but I’m not sure how much actual playing time McKenzie would get given the level of DL that OSU generally recruits. Hope he doesn’t end up there to sit on the bench for 4 years or make a late career transfer.

Agreed, but there's a decent chance he's the only DT they sign this year, I guess. Of course last year they signed the #1, #3, and #1 JUCO DTs in the country. Absurd.

Not sure if you guys have been keeping up with Shrine Bowl practice tidbits but interesting to see how different "evaluators" view guys. Outside of a few of the guys just killing it like Howell, Harris, and Groulx i've seen guys talked up as a top performer on the same day two other sites say he under performed. And seems like a lot of injury info is not being discussed or weighted when looking at the info. Funny to see how people can see the same practice and evaluate it all so different.

Who are some of the different evaluators? Obviously each person can't see everyone at the same time. I'm sure one guy may see a guy make some great plays and another guy sees the guy not make good plays and they write up accordingly.

Saw CJs video from the practices. He has good feet and balance. Needs to develop flexibility and strength. Like Watson a few years ago, the weight room will be his best place to be.

"Wake Forest pledge Shamar McCollum was active in South Carolina's practice. The Dillon (S.C.) product is listed as a weakside defensive end but lined up at linebacker for the Sandlappers and looked like a good fit in defending the flats and blitzing off the edge. McCollum's frame may be best suited at linebacker at the next level."

That's interesting, and with 4 commits at DE it might be a good move for Wake.

Hudson is listed as DE but was recruited as a LB. I also wouldn't be shocked for Smart to bulk up and move inside to DT.

An extreme example of that is a guy some years ago who Wake recruited as a good sized safety. 6-3, 205. He left Wake as a 6-4, 305 DT and played in the NFL.

I think Aaron Curry came in at 205 and left at 254

Back