• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

You mean the two best teams in CFB are in divisions. The SEC West is good, but Alabama is a lot better. The Atlantic is ok, but Clemson is a lot better. Let’s not ascribe more credit to teams that didn’t play last night than they deserve.

This. Outside of Alabama and Clemson, you can throw teams from the ACC Atlantic and the SEC West into a hat most years, with the SEC West maybe being slightly better overall this past year. This idea that the SEC is such a meat grinder is ESPN spin because they have such a financial stake in it.

Stud 2020 TE/DE Ralph Mency 6’2-225 from Lee HS in Jacksonville,Fla. — Deacon offer

Stud 2020 TE/DE Ralph Mency 6’2-225 from Lee HS in Jacksonville,Fla. — Deacon offer

Clawson trying to use those three in a row bowl wins to pump up recruiting.

Bates top10 rookie. Looney in the playoffs.

Bring in those 4 star recruits.

High school where Len Skinner was a PE teacher ... some of his students named their band after him ... kind of ... Lynyrd Skynrd.

I dunno. I think I'm taking the B1G West over the Coastal. Just realized they went 4-1 in their bowl games, including 2-0 against Coastal.

Nebraska is going to be good soon under Frost.
Purdue under Brohm appears pretty legit (bowl game aside).
Wisconsin will be back - people forget they were preseason top 5 and throttled Miami in the bowl game.
Iowa is annoyingly good and Kinnick Stadium is a miserable place to play.
Northwestern also annoyingly good under Fitzgerald, and now they have a 5 star transfer QB.
Not sold yet on PJ Fleck, but MN has shown some promise.
IL is awful.

Northwestern won the B10 West, but was easily handled by Duke.

Northwestern won the B10 West, but was easily handled by Duke. And Duke was humiliated by Wake. :)

Michael Reese (6-4, 250) Cane HS (Nashville, TN) 2020 lineman got O line offer from Wake. Most of his HUDL highlights are of him as a DE. Apparently he plays OT and DE mostly.

Would like to see the staff go after the Southern Cal Safety transfer Ykili Ross. Could move Masterson to Rover where he was better and his lack of athleticism less apparent. Ross was a former top 100 player in HS, and would probably be an upgrade for the Free Safety position. Masterson was a good Rover and could provide depth there.

Would like to see the staff go after the Southern Cal Safety transfer Ykili Ross. Could move Masterson to Rover where he was better and his lack of athleticism less apparent. Ross was a former top 100 player in HS, and would probably be an upgrade for the Free Safety position. Masterson was a good Rover and could provide depth there.

I cant remember any undergrad transfers in football to Wake in the last 2 decades. We did have Brad White transfer from GA in to Wake as a LB. We also may have had a DL transfer from Georgia early in the Grobe years. Cant remember his name but he had a medical hardship year after breaking his kneecap.

I cant remember any undergrad transfers in football to Wake in the last 2 decades. We did have Brad White transfer from GA in to Wake as a LB. We also may have had a DL transfer from Georgia early in the Grobe years. Cant remember his name but he had a medical hardship year after breaking his kneecap.

He is a grad transfer.

Not sure if you guys care or not but looks like Tabari Hines is visiting NCSU this weekend as a grad transfer. If he’s even close to the rest of you guys slot WRs I’d love to have him.

Not sure if you guys care or not but looks like Tabari Hines is visiting NCSU this weekend as a grad transfer. If he’s even close to the rest of you guys slot WRs I’d love to have him.
A super talented diva. You'll love/hate him.

tabari is not a diva, nor is he super talented.

Is kinda both. Somewhat a diva and somewhat talented. We are fine without him nonetheless.

He IS one of the slot WRs you are thinking about. Believe he scored 2 TDs on State last year in the Tre. Our slot WRs put up numbers and he was fine in our system.

Where does the diva stuff come from?

Back