• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I guess you can never be 100% with a commit this early, but I read an article on 247 that essentially said Clark has gotten offers from Tennessee and Clemson, both of which he is up for visiting. He also said he is completely committed to wake as long as our coaching staff stays. So assuming no major coaching changes, I’m confident he stays with us.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tenne...-discusses-offers-from-Vols-Clemson-118153497

Deacs made the Top 7 for 3* DE Mario Kendricks and Top 8 for 3* APB Tyler Goodson. Good news there

NO INTERVIEWS !!!!

https://247sports.com/Player/Zonovan-Knight-46049680

We just offered this kid. Good size for a RB

https://247sports.com/Player/Zonovan-Knight-46049680

We just offered this kid. Good size for a RB

Duke RB commit Zonovan Knight (Who Wake was going after earlier in the cycle) is still committed to the Blue Devils, but could explore other options in the coming months (Likely SEC). Not 100% on his verbal. He's one of their 4*s they currently have in the 2019 class

He’s not just looking at SEC. Wake and State are in the mix too. I’d be shocked if he stays with duke, along with several other of their top recruits.

His decommit was anticipated. Are we still looking for an RB? Flowers is listed as an ATH and still drawing interest from other schools.

Cutcliffe just keeps getting older. He's aged almost three months since Zonovan's commitment.

Why don't we take our team on trips like Harbaugh does for Michigan? If we do, I bet we'd get some good recruits.

why are kids decommitting from duke?

Stuff the State guys are putting out is that Cutt and Duke pushed for early commits from each player they got on campus early and really pushed early commits before the kids were ready and really got after the family to pressure the kids into committing early. Been grumblings that this decommit is coming for a while. Probably will see this start a few decommits, don't expect Donovan Greene or Tony Scott stick either. Seems like that's how it's been playing out and is the info that has been going on behind the scenes.

Stuff the State guys are putting out is that Cutt and Duke pushed for early commits from each player they got on campus early and really pushed early commits before the kids were ready and really got after the family to pressure the kids into committing early. Been grumblings that this decommit is coming for a while. Probably will see this start a few decommits, don't expect Donovan Greene or Tony Scott stick either. Seems like that's how it's been playing out and is the info that has been going on behind the scenes.

We might not get Donovan but will be ecstatic if he decommits from Dook.

Does seem odd we wouldn't be after a kid from Mt. Airy that has an offer from the likes of Notre Dame.

Don't think that's the really the case. If he does decommit, i've heard most likely landing spot is Wake. At least at this point.

Makes sense to me........

I know a guy that knows some of his family members and he was really surprised that he committed to duke. He had heard he was a Wake lock. Maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about and maybe at one point Greene was a heavy Wake lean.

UNC is really pushing for Greene and apparently they have his attention. WF might be too close to home for him but at least he is not a lock for Dook. We are still in the picture.

Back