• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Your previous post would seem like a good place to start. Unless I don't understand the point being made by you or Pilchard, listing guys that probably wouldn't start on this version of Wake's football team as an example of why a player wouldn't be better off enrolling early and spending some time in the weight room, doesn't add up. If the kid wants to run track, then he is free to run his little legs off. My only point was it would be good for him to get in here early and start lifting instead of running laps.

my previous post came after you said "this isn't hard to understand" so that one can't be it.

1. The kid has offers from Penn State and VT, among others. He has options for where he will attend college.
2. Running track is important to him.
3. Running track as a senior in high school is not going to set him back from being a good (or better) football player in college
4. Tell CJ Spiller, Isaiah Simmons, Jacoby Ford, Tyreek Hill that "running laps" is bad for your football career

Eventually, it might be good for him to concentrate 100% on football. Right now, we need him to come to WF. If we tell him he can't run track, he probably won't come here (see points #1 and #2)

my previous post came after you said "this isn't hard to understand" so that one can't be it.

1. The kid has offers from Penn State and VT, among others. He has options for where he will attend college.
2. Running track is important to him.
3. Running track as a senior in high school is not going to set him back from being a good (or better) football player in college
4. Tell CJ Spiller, Isaiah Simmons, Jacoby Ford, Tyreek Hill that "running laps" is bad for your football career

Eventually, it might be good for him to concentrate 100% on football. Right now, we need him to come to WF. If we tell him he can't run track, he probably won't come here (see points #1 and #2)

No one is saying he can't run track. My only point is that it would be MORE beneficial for a skinny fast kid to be in a college weightlifting program asap. If he has world class speed like some of the guys you just listed, great! If not, I bet he will be the best on the team at running the entire length of the field and back twice.

Wake has one verbal from a QB (Charlie Gilliam) for '23. Why pursue another?

He is from a private Christian Academy outside of ATL. I'm just saying if there is a 4* floating around out there that we could get in on, why not go for it?

He is from a private Christian Academy outside of ATL. I'm just saying if there is a 4* floating around out there that we could get in on, why not go for it?

Do you know of one? And why would Wake want two QB's in the same class?

There isn’t. There is a single uncommitted 4 star QB and he commits tomorrow and he decommitted from FSU because he wanted to be the only QB in the class.

Cole Hauser aka Rip Wheeler from Yellow Stone, has a son who is a 2023 TE recruit. The kid got an offer from Mississippi State. We need to offer him. Interest in football games would sky rocket.

Cole Hauser aka Rip Wheeler from Yellow Stone, has a son who is a 2023 TE recruit. The kid got an offer from Mississippi State. We need to offer him. Interest in football games would sky rocket.

So where is this kid going to school? And is he good at football? More to the point, does he love football?

Yeah, that’s our fan demo and recruiting strategy. To get the CMT cougars. Lmao.

Probably a fair number of CMT cougars are fans of former WFU players Tyler Cameron and Matt James...
We can use all the fans we can get.

I think we should recruit him if he’s good, and not recruit him if he’s not good

Country women would fall all over themselves to get a chance to see Cole. He's mythical to the country folk.

I just asked Mrs. Country Deac if she’d make the drive with me from the Sandhills to W-S for a Wake football game if the possibility existed she might meet see Cole Hauser. She hasn’t been to a game in the last 20 years.

She responded…. “Maybe we should just go ahead and buy season tickets!”

I just asked Mrs. Country Deac if she’d make the drive with me from the Sandhills to W-S for a Wake football game if the possibility existed she might meet see Cole Hauser. She hasn’t been to a game in the last 20 years.

She responded…. “Maybe we should just go ahead and buy season tickets!”

Hmm... hypothesis confirmed. Tell Clawson to make the offer.

Back