• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I would wager that the percentage of high school PE teacher/football coaches that are chapel hill fans is in 90% range.

Not that high. ECU and St8te with their fair share, but Holes def corner the market. Mack is dealing with a way different ACC than his last stint. I’m waiting for a response from Mack to my email about his hiring cheaters on his staff. Lol. Not really waiting....

I would wager that the percentage of high school PE teacher/football coaches that are chapel hill fans is in 90% range.

Lots of ECU and APP grads in eastern & western NC who bleed purple/black and gold in the fall. However, as soon as the ball turns from oval to round, they're all about "my Heels!".

The thing that is sickening about all of this is the fact that the fans that blasted Mack in the past are the same ones who are sucking his cock now. Even my son who is in middle school has to hear about how UNC is going to be good again with Mack. I'm hearing that at work too. I just hate that privileged fucking fanbase. Glad they experienced some shit years in football.

Had lunch Friday with two huge Carolina homeboys who regularly go to basketball games but never to football games. Both said Mack would have them in the top 10 in two years. We need to crush them in September.

Had lunch Friday with two huge Carolina homeboys who regularly go to basketball games but never to football games. Both said Mack would have them in the top 10 in two years. We need to crush them in September.

See if they'll make a $100 bet with you about top 10 in 2 years.
Heck, make it $1000.
See how confident they really are.

Yeah zero chance. Same odds that we have winning @ Cameron this year.

I’d be surprised if he has them in the top-25 in 2 years

The real risk of Mac is his good old boy relationship with all of the NC high school football coaches. He spends a lot of time developing those relationships and we all know many of them are already UNC fans. Fedora was a prick and didn't really foster those relationships. Mac will.

Yeah, Fedora ignored NC allegedly due to negative perception of UNC with pending academic scandal, although he still had good recruiting classes. Mack has already been making the rounds glad handing the NC high school coaches, as he should. State will have its hands full maintaining the top spot in state for the best NC players. But recruiting has never been Mack's problem, as noted above.

Yeah, Fedora ignored NC allegedly due to negative perception of UNC with pending academic scandal, although he still had good recruiting classes. Mack has already been making the rounds glad handing the NC high school coaches, as he should. State will have its hands full maintaining the top spot in state for the best NC players. But recruiting has never been Mack's problem, as noted above.

Besides Wake pounding the crap out of UNC next season, it would be great if they lost to State and Duke as well.

Mack ain't smart. Hired two known cheaters who will be on the recruiting trail. How hard is it to say.." That coach that was here yesterday is a fined cheater by the US Military Academy." It's a blood game and he's got two wounded out of the gate.

Mack ain't smart. Hired two known cheaters who will be on the recruiting trail. How hard is it to say.." That coach that was here yesterday is a fined cheater by the US Military Academy." It's a blood game and he's got two wounded out of the gate.

Just means more money and fewer classes at ole UNCheat.

Besides Wake pounding the crap out of UNC next season, it would be great if they lost to State and Duke as well.

I may not be respecting the UNC hate enough as a Wake fan, but it would benefit Wake for UNC to beat State and Duke on the field and for recruits every single year. Enemy of my enemy thing. Hope they go 2-0 every year in those games and knock Duke to the bottom of their division again, annually.

I may not be respecting the UNC hate enough as a Wake fan, but it would benefit Wake for UNC to beat State and Duke on the field and for recruits every single year. Enemy of my enemy thing. Hope they go 2-0 every year in those games and knock Duke to the bottom of their division again, annually.

I would be ok with duke and chapel hill alternating years of losing to each other. I will always pull for State against them both unless it directly benefits Wake due to a tie in the standings.

I would be ok with duke and chapel hill alternating years of losing to each other. I will always pull for State against them both unless it directly benefits Wake due to a tie in the standings.

I think I'm with you on this.

I’m not sure Dave Clawson is inclined to that exact approach

Just counted: 33 straight posts (now 34) where on a Wake football recruiting thread we mention the Holes. If we lay an egg against them in a non-conference game this season and the place is half baby blue, I'll put that above any negative perception of scheduling APP at our place.

Just counted: 33 straight posts (now 34) where on a Wake football recruiting thread we mention the Holes. If we lay an egg against them in a non-conference game this season and the place is half baby blue, I'll put that above any negative perception of scheduling APP at our place.

WE WILL KICK THEIR ASS. This isn's basketball. In Claws we trust. Backups will be running up the middle when we are up 52-10 with 10 to go in the game.

Rumors about a DT commit.
Anyone have any confirmed info?

Back