• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I was surprised he didn't get a series towards the end, particularly when we were penned in inside the 20 with a long field. Be nice if he could break one.

Had the same thought on the long field. The two bruisers showed speed but then there is shifty and that could be Beal.

RB could end up being a big priority if Beal ends up transferring. Dude deserves touches and he’s not getting them. Hope he stays, since he’ll be a huge piece of our offense next season but wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen.

Premature to be talking about Beal transferring.

Beal will be a monster. RBs get banged up all the time. He will get some carries this season with as much as we’re relying on the RB. We’re very blessed to have both Colburn and Carney. I would put both in the top 8 ACC RBs

I mean Cade and Colburn both had 100 yards. Hard to really argue that someone else should have gotten some carries.

Beal Smith ain’t transferring anywhere Nancy. He will become our star RB.

Need to recruit some guys who can play defense immediately.

Donavon Greene with 8 catches for 186 yards and 2 TDS vs North Surry. His brother caught 2 TDs as well. The grass will be Greener at WF next year, at least at WR and slot. ETA: didn’t we lose 2 DB commits recently? Seems to be the last position was can afford decommits.

Last edited:
Yeah, such a striking comment added.

We need guys to play in the secondary the way they have been taught.

They have taken responsibility. Cam Glenn said it “I just took my eye off my man and I know better”

I believe the guys are expecting big plays from the DL and have strayed from assignment football.

We have outstanding players. They have to stay on the scene and attend to basics

Thinking there will be a lot of commits and recruits at the ND game Saturday.
Hope we give them a good show.....and a win.

Game speed is going to pick up this Saturday especially for the DBs. Bunch of ifs for the Deacs.

That would be very cool to have one brother on the basketball team and one on the football team.
Can't think of a situation where that's happened before........but there probably is one.

Wonder if the recruits are excited about the prospect of early playing time, or turned off by yesterday's game

Back