• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

That kid looks like a Texas HS LB named Dylan. Welcome!

I try not to get too hyped about hudl highlight videos, but this kid has some eye popping tape. His closing speed is incredible, and he hits like you want your inside linebacker to hit. He is going to be a playmaker

Carney as a LB!

But he'll have to get used to playing to a slightly smaller home crowd. 😁

Last edited:
I try not to get too hyped about hudl highlight videos, but this kid has some eye popping tape. His closing speed is incredible, and he hits like you want your inside linebacker to hit. He is going to be a playmaker

Another thing about his tape is that he seemed to do a good job of wrapping up the ball carrier. He grabbed, held on, and in a few cases "alligator rolled" the ball carrier.

Another thing about his tape is that he seemed to do a good job of wrapping up the ball carrier. He grabbed, held on, and in a few cases "alligator rolled" the ball carrier.

Those clips against whoever the Grey and Blue team is, he looks totally unblockable, that QB had his bell rung several times.

Regarded as a three-star recruit, Luke Kuechly was listed as the No. 44 outside linebacker prospect in the class of 2009. See some similarities here.

Regarded as a three-star recruit, Luke Kuechly was listed as the No. 44 outside linebacker prospect in the class of 2009. See some similarities here.

He's the 41st rated ILB.....but BC didn't even offer....

This is the kind of kid that blows up late. Lets hope we can hang onto him. Still hurts losing Whitter last year. But hey, No LBs last year and this year only 2. Prime spot for early PT and this kid knows it

WF RS Freshman TE Drelyn Ford (HS class of 2019) has entered the transfer portal. Weird timing. Bummer -- he was a highly rated HS basketball and has good height and athleticism.

WF RS Freshman TE Drelyn Ford (HS class of 2019) has entered the transfer portal. Weird timing. Bummer -- he was a highly rated HS basketball and has good height and athleticism.

Yeah. Bummer. Thought he had good speed and hops and would be a good tall receiver.

Too bad about Ford. Sounded like he had the size/tools to really develop.

Does anyone with inside connections have any idea about (a) how many scholarships we are likely to have left and (b) who are the players and positions we are prioritizing to finish off this class?

Too bad about Ford. Sounded like he had the size/tools to really develop.

Does anyone with inside connections have any idea about (a) how many scholarships we are likely to have left and (b) who are the players and positions we are prioritizing to finish off this class?

Numbers are irrelevant right now, not only due to COVID, but due to future attrition, draft, etc

However they are close to full and will only be focusing on BPAs preferably on the Defensive side(not including LB) as they are full just about everywhere offensively

Curious about LB recruiting.

We seem to start with 6-7 guys plus walk-ons, then end up very thin.

If guys are coming back healthy, we have a very nice 2- deep, but I don't know if JaQuez or Masterson will be playing a Rover (2 LB's and a Rover). That always confuses me.

Overall
D-line: ridiculously strong. Boogie is starting the season as a Second Team All American!!!!!

LB: 2-deep is very good.

S: strong, need a few guys to be working on tackling all summer and early fall.

CB: only real question mark.

I think I’m going to be really disappointed this fall when we don’t play a regular season of football. I feel very good about this team - skill and depth - and it will be shame if they don’t get to show it on the field. Fingers crossed.

I think I’m going to be really disappointed this fall when we don’t play a regular season of football. I feel very good about this team - skill and depth - and it will be shame if they don’t get to show it on the field. Fingers crossed.

I’ll be crushed if Sage and Boogie don’t get a real season. Those guys are elite.

Curious about LB recruiting.

We seem to start with 6-7 guys plus walk-ons, then end up very thin.

If guys are coming back healthy, we have a very nice 2- deep, but I don't know if JaQuez or Masterson will be playing a Rover (2 LB's and a Rover). That always confuses me.

Overall
D-line: ridiculously strong. Boogie is starting the season as a Second Team All American!!!!!

LB: 2-deep is very good.

S: strong, need a few guys to be working on tackling all summer and early fall.

CB: only real question mark.

If there is a season:

Buck:Williams, Chase Jones, Burley
Mike: Smenda, DJ Taylor, Chase Monroe
Rover: Luke Masterson, Traveon Redd, Jaylen Hudson(?)

LB last year looked thin as both rovers on the 2 deep got hurt, they put in Kenneth Dicks III, and he got hurt in the Cuse game. So when Redd came back you're putting the 4th string behind him. No way you can prepare for that.

And that 3 deep doesnt even include Zach Ranson who's 6-3, 205 of just athleticism(probably ends up at rover and then i have no idea where to put Hudson.) but this year if it happens they look to have 10 good bodies for 3 positions

Back