• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Morin is a classic slot WR. Think Roberson would be much more successful outside, and moving him around would likely boost his NFL stock.

Morin definitely has the profile of a slot at 5'10", but he also made some nice sideline catches and did good work on the outside too

Greene/Roberson/Morin is a pretty nice lineup for the Deacs

Morin is a classic slot WR. Think Roberson would be much more successful outside, and moving him around would likely boost his NFL stock.

Been on this bus for a while. It will be hard for him to be more successful than last season, but if he can put up similar numbers at two positions, then it couldn't hurt.

Yep. I was really disappointed. I'm not expecting Stewart to make much of a leap, but I anticipate Perry or Groulx to make a jump for us. Conventional wisdom says we have a surprise contributor aside from Greene, Morin and Roberson.

I thought Perry had some good moments and showed some flashes of being good. Maybe a more traditional offseason will help him take a step.

I want to see Perry and Groulx go up and high point the football, which is what made Sage such a threat in our passing game.

Greene, as good as he is, could do a better job of this to take his game to the next level. Speed, size, and good hands are important, but unless you can go up and get it over good ACC DB's, the rest is irrelevant.

I want to see Perry and Groulx go up and high point the football, which is what made Sage such a threat in our passing game.

Greene, as good as he is, could do a better job of this to take his game to the next level. Speed, size, and good hands are important, but unless you can go up and get it over good ACC DB's, the rest is irrelevant.

The ability to do that is part of what made Surratt so good. Probably a skill he learned and honed playing basketball.

The ability to do that is part of what made Surratt so good. Probably a skill he learned and honed playing basketball.

Surratt was one of the best college wideouts I’ve seen at just bullying defenders at the catch. Would have killed to see him another season in black and gold.

Also, the kid was POY in football and basketball in NC. It will never, ever make sense that he wasn’t more highly recruited.

I thought Perry had some good moments and showed some flashes of being good. Maybe a more traditional offseason will help him take a step.

Perry looked awful against Clemson but look anywhere from fine to pretty good the next 3 games until he got injured on the first drive against VT and missed 2 months.

11/170/1 in a 3 game span before that is pretty much exactly what you want for a guy who should be getting 20-30 snaps a game

I’m fine with Perry, Williams, Groulx behind Greene, Morin, Roberson on the two deep. Unfortunately we know there will be injuries that will force the backups to play more than we would like.

The coaches obviously have less confidence in Perry and Groulx than some posters. We lost a super WR commit to VT and quickly picked up 6’2” WRs from Indiana (pwo) and Georgia, then took a 6’2” transfer from U of Illinois.

I don’t think anyone expected Clawson to stop recruiting.

The coaches obviously have less confidence in Perry and Groulx than some posters. We lost a super WR commit to VT and quickly picked up 6’2” WRs from Indiana (pwo) and Georgia, then took a 6’2” transfer from U of Illinois.

We picked up Horatio Fields out of Georgia to replace the one who went to VT didn’t we? Watching this kid’s practice videos already in his Wake gear and his highlights I think he is going to be a really good at for us

Horatio Fields was 5A 1st Team All State in Georgia. I think he will be a big time player after some years learning behind Greene, Roberson, Washington, etc.

Horatio Fields was 5A 1st Team All State in Georgia. I think he will be a big time player after some years learning behind Greene, Roberson, Washington, etc.

From his tape, he has a strong possibility to be the best of the next group of receivers at Wake.

One factor in "how soon" might be how many official years Donavon Greene plays. His stats already better than some who played four years, and he hasn't played even one official season yet.

Might be really good, but was honorable mention all-state. A recruiting service picked him first team 5A all-state. Looks like we offered another pwo WR, this one from Tenn.

I didn’t see that Olave is returning. I’ve seen him listed in the second round. Sucks how guys like Olave or Etienne come back for the big time programs but we only got a few games of Sage playing at a NFL prospect level.

Etienne coming back to Clemson was such a bad decision. Can't imagine that he improved his draft stock and lost one year of an already short career. Cost him at least $2.5MM I would guess.

Am I crazy or did I see that we offered another QB in the last week? I thought I saw thru the normal twitter outlets we put out an offer to a kid commited to Western/Eastern Kentucky maybe?

Michigan DE transfer, Luiji Vilain, just committed to Wake. Former Top 60 player coming out of HS, but battled injuries through his first few seasons. Big time pickup!

Gattis is our best recruiter.

Back