• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Three of the top 4 private school leagues are postponing fall sports until January. The fourth one is deciding today. DC public schools are doing this as well. So not going to be much to see from DMV recruits this fall.

Getting Boogie and Sage to come back for another year to lose them to Co-Vid would be absolutely brutal.

Still 50/50 on whether we play any games this year.

Per Les’ board we have a commitment from Gavin Ellis a TE from Hampstead NC. 6’5” 225.

247 must have had a Back to the Future moment with his junior highlight tape. Says it's from the 2021 season.

Florida high schools going to start football August 24. I'm not optimistic that the schools will complete the season.

My cousin just moved from NC to be a football coach in FL. Hadn’t seen him in over 15 years since I saw him when he came for the interview. I was looking forward to hanging out with him but there’s no way now. Practice has got to be full of COVID nowadays.

My cousin just moved from NC to be a football coach in FL. Hadn’t seen him in over 15 years since I saw him when he came for the interview. I was looking forward to hanging out with him but there’s no way now. Practice has got to be full of COVID nowadays.

I'd be interested to hear his take on high school football in wherever he was in NC (eastern I assume), compared to where he is now.

I've got a colleague who moved up from Florida to York Co, SC and his middle school aged son is disgusted with the football in Fort Mill. Now, Rock Hill has the better high school progams in the county but I'm guessing that it's pretty much the same across the board for the middle schoolers.

I'd be interested to hear his take on high school football in wherever he was in NC (eastern I assume), compared to where he is now.

I've got a colleague who moved up from Florida to York Co, SC and his middle school aged son is disgusted with the football in Fort Mill. Now, Rock Hill has the better high school progams in the county but I'm guessing that it's pretty much the same across the board for the middle schoolers.

In high school I moved from Florida to Virginia and the drop off was incredible.

Yeah. I’m curious too. He was in some NFL training camps and played in NFL Europe so he knows pro talent.

Many NC systems don't offer Middle School fball anymore. Pop Warner.

Where I was in Florida and Virginia were both Pop Warner.

When I first got to VA we were doing testing and at 180 pounds I was the second strongest on the team.

Everybody was like “alright this guy from Florida might help us out.”

I had to say, “No. this is a really bad sign.” And it was.

Some high school football players are changing states so they can play football this fall. These guys are figuring they need to play to get better scholarship offers and are willing to risk Covid in states like Florida and Georgia.

Washington Post Story

Last edited:
Kind of late for coaches to do the same but they would.

Back