• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

NJ is a wealth of football talent. Programs like Don Bosco look like college teams. The BIG10 schools, Syracuse, and BC have historically dominated recruiting in the state. Rutgers has no chance at retaining elite in-state talent when a kid gets an offer from the likes of Penn St.

Spot on Jim. In addition to Bosco, Bergen Catholic, St Peters Prep and St Josephs Montvale are annually loaded. Since Paterno died Penn State not as much of a factor. Peddie is a PG school that plays so-so schedule but with big-time talent.

Based on what I've read today plus his offer sheet, if Mike Edwards had been in the 2017 class I would have ranked him as the #2 recruit in the class.

In the first page of this thread I listed (in two different posts) 12 recruits that attended Wake's Junior Day. Two of them have now committed.

Last edited:
Funny......the title of this thread reads 'BIG OL COMMIT'

Intially, I interpreted this as 'Big ole commit'.
With Mike Edwards' recent commitment, maybe we could say 'BIG OLE OL COMMIT'

Based on what I've read today plus his offer sheet, if Mike Edwards had been in the 2017 class I would have ranked him as the #2 recruit in the class.

In the first page of this thread I listed (in two different posts) 12 recruits that attended Wake's Junior Day. Two of them have now committed.

He may have been the most important - It is extraordinarily rare that we can get a kid with that offer list, so to get one to improve our weakest unit is yuge.

It is so gratifying to have coaches in the major sports who don't sit around wishing and hoping with their thumb up their ass, and actually sell the assets of Wake Forest. I am fully aware we could take a step back in football with the schedule, but I believe Clawson will prove to be top of the list on Wellman's legacy. Danny Manning is moving up too.

Can somebody please go ahead and tack this?

Just got on to add to the sentiment. Please make this a sticky at the top.

Ole' isn't a good term for a pass blocker.

QB commit Sam Hartmann is changing schools.

QB commit Sam Hartmann is changing schools.

Got it, Ph. I replied too fast. Initially thought he was decomitting.
Then realized this was a change for his sr year in high school.
False alarm on my part.

Back