• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Must Defend Itself Against A Dangerous President

I think the Germans and the Europeans need to worry more about Willkommen and how to deal with the migrant crisis than anything else right now.

I think the Germans and the Europeans need to worry more about Willkommen and how to deal with the migrant crisis than anything else right now.

No, they need to read the liberal American newspapers and make sure they get their talking points to rustle the jimmies of old white folks like BKF. That's the primary focus here.

Liberals must take the L and nothing else matters.

It's comical to me how even foreign countries are "buying in to the Dems and liberal agenda". In my opinion it is overly inflating our self-importance to think that those nations give a damn about what our "liberal media" and press says and does with regards to our current administration.

I also find it tremendously difficult to believe that "the left concerns you more long term than the shit Trump does." He is the god damn President and he is currently (permanently?) unhinged.

The past two days have seen an assortment of the administration talking about:

1. Saturday Night Live
2. Whether or not Donald Trump owns a bathrobe
3. An Executive Order going up the chain of command in the courts
4. His wife filing a lawsuit about not being able to profit off of Trump being President
5. His aides not being able to find lights in the White House
6. Whether or not the New York Times is an "honest" newspaper
7. If he has ever met Putin (which he continues to lie about)
8. If Steve Bannon actually runs the White House instead of him

That's just the past 24 hours. You cannot possibly believe that the left is a bigger issue than that. He's the leader of the free world and this is the shit that we are talking about. That's way more damaging long term than what a German newspaper is "buying in to" with regards to the liberal American press.

Case in point.

Look, the left has lost its fricking mind and the far left is not above violence to achieve its means. Everybody else would rather freak out on social media or on message boards or dump friends who didn't dare vote for the cooze that opposed him. And while his ongoing tweets and general petulance are most certainly un-Presidential, anybody who trusts much of anything being reported in media sources today is doing so because it fits their own agenda.

His EO isn't the end of the world. Poorly implemented and written, but the left is freaking out about what again? That he'd like to curtail or slow the influx of immigration from countries where most of the population views us negatively and a substantial portion would be happy with blowing us up? It's fucking politics. The left was happy when Obama was doing everything in his power to legalize people that would increase his voting bloc. Grow the fuck up. What comes around goes around.

You wanna be mad about the SCOTUS nominee? Go right ahead. The GOP was childish in that regard, no question about it. But blame McConnell and Congress for that, not Trump.

Der Speigel is parroting the left's talking points when it calls the President a racist for enforcing immigration laws and when it acts like firing an acting AG from a previous administration who was obviously grandstanding was some appalling move. It's true he is shitting on the establishment, to which I say more power to him. If that is "upsetting the balance of power", so be it. The establishment needs to be shit on. It needs big nasty diarrhea shit dripping down its fucking face and flooding its maw. Right now, the establishment is kicking and screaming about it. At some point, it's going to have to do some self-reflection and ask itself why it finds itself in the situation it does around the world. It isn't because people everywhere have lost their minds. It's because people everywhere are tired of being taken for granted and tired of smooth-talking politicians. The establishment should be re-molding itself and doing its best to bend a bit in order to accommodate because this isn't about accommodating Trump but accommodating resentment and anger among the masses everywhere, including Europe. Trump's bad manners are really unimportant in the large scheme of things.

Der Spiegel ist "the left"? Now I've fucking heard it all.

It was founded by a Wermacht officer and originally had former SS writers. It's old conservative German through and through. It's despised by the social Democrats in Germany, but it has so much gravitas due to its brutally accurate investigative journalism that it has to be respected.

You know as well as I do (actually, better than I do) that the left and the right in Germany and indeed in Europe align differently than they do in the US. Western Europe has a center point that starts somewhere left of HRC, Germany included.

I'm just glad the GOP continues to make bedfellows with Donald. A ton of it in the JHMD/Graham/McCain mold of "well I didn't support him but I passively embrace him because I hated Hillary so much."

Makes it much easier to point out the overt idiocy a few years down the road when Donald is inevitably a garbage fire with hardly any support left.

Approval ratings down to 42% per Gallup (4% drop from two weeks ago). Can we hit the 30's? Stay tuned.

I'm just glad the GOP continues to make bedfellows with Donald. A ton of it in the JHMD/Graham/McCain mold of "well I didn't support him but I passively embrace him because I hated Hillary so much."

Makes it much easier to point out the overt idiocy a few years down the road when Donald is inevitably a garbage fire with hardly any support left.

Approval ratings down to 42% per Gallup (4% drop from two weeks ago). Can we hit the 30's? Stay tuned.

By the end of the month or sometime next month, I'd say he'd hit the 30s.

It is truly wonderful that the internet allows us to document all of the GOP members that have sold their souls.

You know as well as I do (actually, better than I do) that the left and the right in Germany and indeed in Europe align differently than they do in the US. Western Europe has a center point that starts somewhere left of HRC, Germany included.

Yes, but the overlap isn't perfect either - publications like Der Spiegel are conservative in a way that nothing in the United States is (preservation of established societal traditions that long pre-date the existence of the USA, for example). This goes for many British publications as well.

Anyways, Der Spiegel isn't a left wing publication. It's something like the crusty old soul of Germany preserved from a previous century or something.

By the end of the month or sometime next month, I'd say he'd hit the 30s.

RJ, why don't you just stop making predictions? You haven't been right about anything in the last 18 months.

Most people, with an ego much smaller than yours, would be embarrassed to continue making a fool of themselves the way you are doing.

RJ, why don't you just stop making predictions? You haven't been right about anything in the last 18 months.

Most people, with an ego much smaller than yours, would be embarrassed to continue making a fool of themselves the way you are doing.

Paging Dr. Townie. Paging Dr. Townie.

Not supporting him much except in the way of immigration, but would like to see what he can get done without the left whining about every single move. I'm very curious about his moves regarding free trade because I think it has been commonly embraced by the GOP and later the Democrats that it's good economic policy. Is it pragmatic to move in the other direction or at least check the free trade movement? Perhaps. He's not really in a position to take down a lot of what has been done, but if we check out of TPP and then NAFTA falls apart and no economic mayhem results, what then?

Don't much care about his tax plan either except that mine won't be going up and I have a general aversion to the "fair share" BS rhetoric. Tax cuts are the GOP's dead horse. It's not 1980 anymore.

Curious about his "deregulation" plans beyond the rhetoric.

Definitely support term limits and hope he gets started on that ASAP. Tactically, it would make solid sense because it would have bipartisan support (it would have more if it wasn't Trump initiating it).

Not supporting him much except in the way of immigration, but would like to see what he can get done without the left whining about every single move. I'm very curious about his moves regarding free trade because I think it has been commonly embraced by the GOP and later the Democrats that it's good economic policy. Is it pragmatic to move in the other direction or at least check the free trade movement? Perhaps. He's not really in a position to take down a lot of what has been done, but if we check out of TPP and then NAFTA falls apart and no economic mayhem results, what then?

Don't much care about his tax plan either except that mine won't be going up and I have a general aversion to the "fair share" BS rhetoric. Tax cuts are the GOP's dead horse. It's not 1980 anymore.

Curious about his "deregulation" plans beyond the rhetoric.

Definitely support term limits and hope he gets started on that ASAP. Tactically, it would make solid sense because it would have bipartisan support (it would have more if it wasn't Trump initiating it).

Holy. Shit. Have you forgotten the past 8 years already?

160401-minion-mic-drop-mn-0920_0ba0d87fe991f7962c083262eb5b66cc.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Case in point.

Look, the left has lost its fricking mind and the far left is not above violence to achieve its means. Everybody else would rather freak out on social media or on message boards or dump friends who didn't dare vote for the cooze that opposed him. And while his ongoing tweets and general petulance are most certainly un-Presidential, anybody who trusts much of anything being reported in media sources today is doing so because it fits their own agenda.

His EO isn't the end of the world. Poorly implemented and written, but the left is freaking out about what again? That he'd like to curtail or slow the influx of immigration from countries where most of the population views us negatively and a substantial portion would be happy with blowing us up? It's fucking politics. The left was happy when Obama was doing everything in his power to legalize people that would increase his voting bloc. Grow the fuck up. What comes around goes around.

You wanna be mad about the SCOTUS nominee? Go right ahead. The GOP was childish in that regard, no question about it. But blame McConnell and Congress for that, not Trump.

Der Speigel is parroting the left's talking points when it calls the President a racist for enforcing immigration laws and when it acts like firing an acting AG from a previous administration who was obviously grandstanding was some appalling move. It's true he is shitting on the establishment, to which I say more power to him. If that is "upsetting the balance of power", so be it. The establishment needs to be shit on. It needs big nasty diarrhea shit dripping down its fucking face and flooding its maw. Right now, the establishment is kicking and screaming about it. At some point, it's going to have to do some self-reflection and ask itself why it finds itself in the situation it does around the world. It isn't because people everywhere have lost their minds. It's because people everywhere are tired of being taken for granted and tired of smooth-talking politicians. The establishment should be re-molding itself and doing its best to bend a bit in order to accommodate because this isn't about accommodating Trump but accommodating resentment and anger among the masses everywhere, including Europe. Trump's bad manners are really unimportant in the large scheme of things.

that's why Trump is in the White House? fucking no it isn't, you are buying into a myth, sir. Those fucking rubes who elected him in in the rust belt - yes rubes - have no idea what happens in the halls of power and wouldn't know if they were being taken advantage of because they aren't paying nearly the attention you think they are, and they know little to nothing about government and establishment politics. They were told the Mexicans were stealing their jobs, and that Hillary wanted to take their guns, and that Muslims were coming to kill them, and that inner city blacks were creating a ddystopia in American cities, and it worked on a few hundred thousand FUCKING RUBES. You and the rest want ot think this is a political revolution. It is not, it is a colossal mistake made by people with very narrow interests and a populist TV pitchman who swung a low-turnout election.

Please stop, you are not part of a political revolution - at least not one that the voters thought they were ushering in.

that's why Trump is in the White House? fucking no it isn't, you are buying into a myth, sir. Those fucking rubes who elected him in in the rust belt - yes rubes - have no idea what happens in the halls of power and wouldn't know if they were being taken advantage of because they aren't paying nearly the attention you think they are, and they know little to nothing about government and establishment politics. They were told the Mexicans were stealing their jobs, and that Hillary wanted to take their guns, and that Muslims were coming to kill them, and that inner city blacks were creating a ddystopia in American cities, and it worked on a few hundred thousand FUCKING RUBES. You and the rest want ot think this is a political revolution. It is not, it is a colossal mistake made by people with very narrow interests and a populist TV pitchman who swung a low-turnout election.

Please stop, you are not part of a political revolution - at least not one that the voters thought they were ushering in.

there goes W&B with those #alternativefacts again

The total votes cast of 136,628,459 in 2016 eclipsed those cast in 2012 of 129,075,630. (The United States is a constitutional republic and not a pure democracy. As such, popular vote totals do not determine the victor in the presidential election.)

there goes W&B with those #alternativefacts again

tell me more about turnout and your big revolution, little buddy. I believe the percentage of eligible voters was lower, but by all means focus on this hair-splitting.

Back