• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Must Defend Itself Against A Dangerous President

Also, the right wing press has basically made up a bunch of shit with regards to crime committed by migrants or very anecdotal evidence - that "article" that sailor linked is based on the comments of a single cop on Facebook - not on any actual statistics or data (because the data doesn't support the conclusion they want to reach).

I've read all about no-go zones here in Vienna alone. I live in one it turns out, according the UK press. In fact it's one of the most expensive and safest parts of the city

Well, we always knew you were bougie. :)

I didn't visit every inch of Vienna, but I stayed right on the edge of a heavily immigrant residential neighborhood and not once did I feel unsafe.

I didn't visit every inch of Vienna, but I stayed right on the edge of a heavily immigrant residential neighborhood and not once did I feel unsafe.

you must be a bad hombre

all kidding aside, I've been there lots of times, going back decades, and Vienna is not a dangerous city (especially compared to a lot of US cities)

But according to The Express recently, I should be "living in fear as violent migrant gangs carry out DAILY attacks in Vienna"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/758881/Austrians-fear-migrant-gang-attacks-daily-Vienna

It's absolute horseshit with no basis in actual reality (there are less than 50 murders per year in the entire country, so roughly the same number as Cumberland County alone in NC - and the other violent crime statistics are similar). Westbanhof - the "west train station" - listed in that article is a high end shopping mall. I'm there 5 or 6 times a week since it's a main connection point for the underground line I live off of, and I've never felt even remotely threatened by anyone other than old Viennese Omas who glare at me for some perceived etiquette mistake or another.

But that's the thing, one person says something on Facebook or takes a photo that could be taken to look questionable and then places like Breitbart or The Express or others in the English language world pick it up and suddenly I have family asking me if I'm fucking safe where I live due to scary "MIGRANTS" and no-go zones. It's complete and utter horseshit.

Lol, which politician was it that talked about the sharia law, Muslim-ruled Birmingham in the UK? That was hilariously wrong.

European politicians would be well-advised to address this problem:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/02/05/police-officer-almost-serious-crime-committed-migrants/

Otherwise, they might find themselves on the unemployment line with some of the migrants they seem to value so much.

If you want people to engage you seriously then you should probably stop linking to Breitbart. It's a complete waste of time and nobody gives a flying fuck what is written there because it's complete made up bullshit (as Vad as stated). Stop treating it like it's anything other than a disingenuous rag that caters to dumbasses who can't discern truth from fiction and want to confirm their biases.

If you want people to engage you seriously then you should probably stop linking to Breitbart. It's a complete waste of time and nobody gives a flying fuck what is written there because it's complete made up bullshit (as Vad as stated). Stop treating it like it's anything other than a disingenuous rag that caters to dumbasses who can't discern truth from fiction and want to confirm their biases.

I don't know... they recently came out against pedophilia so they've got that going for them in the credibility column.

What was not true in that article?

So, FBI director comey knowing that Trump was in collusion with Russia to undermine the election sabotaged Hillary?

well it is factual that Comey released a statement about ultimately redundant emails that damaged Clinton's campaign 10 days before the election while the FBI was simultaneously working to corroborate or dispute the Russian dossier... the conclusion of which seems to not have happened yet. that's factual.

well it is factual that Comey released a statement about ultimately redundant emails that damaged Clinton's campaign 10 days before the election while the FBI was simultaneously working to corroborate or dispute the Russian dossier... the conclusion of which seems to not have happened yet. that's factual.

lemme guess, the FBI is still trying to find a Russian translator, or a typist

lemme guess, the FBI is still trying to find a Russian translator, or a typist

i mean, it's not like this has dragged out for very long. Trump was still tweeting about Obama not being American 4 years into his presidency. Trump hasn't been in office for 6 weeks.

the plumbers were arrested for breaking into the DNC at Wategate hotel in June of 1972. Nixon resigned because of it in August of 1974.

Back