• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

100 Best Places to Live

hey townie, harrisburg #34, Philadelphia not even in top 50

SUCK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Do you live in Harrisburg?

You should probs move to Fayetteville, Arkansas. #5!

also, no, i would never move to Harrisburg City. gross. The east shore is for plebs

Regional cities:

#4 Washington, DC

#7 Raleigh-Durham
#14 Charlotte
#37 Winston-Salem

#24 Richmond, VA

#27 Charleston, SC
#29 Greenville, SC

Keep in mind, this is the same publication that placed the United States of America as the 4th best country in the world.

Is DC really one of the top value places to live in the country? I know most people on the hill work for peanuts, but still.

Last edited:
Regional cities:

#4 Washington, DC

#7 Raleigh-Durham
#14 Charlotte
#37 Winston-Salem

#24 Richmond, VA

#27 Charleston, SC
#29 Greenville, SC

As we all know, "Raleigh-Durham" would really be ranked around #25, except for the presence of Cary within the metropolitan area. Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill effectively drag Cary down to #7.

Pretty strong opinion for a bedroom community of Raleigh and Durham.

Cary is just a big suburb with a few shopping malls sprinkled in.

How they could think G-Boro, W-S, Allentown, Scranton or about 75-80 other places can compare to HB is staggering.

the methodology on these lists just fly in the face of supply/demand. if a place has a strong job market and it is cheap to live there, i'm guessing the reason is because it's a shitty place to live. if a place is expensive it's probably because the job market is strong and it's highly desirable. i'm sorry but san jose is not better than sf. and walmart hq is not the 5th best place in the country to live.

the methodology on these lists just fly in the face of supply/demand. if a place has a strong job market and it is cheap to live there, i'm guessing the reason is because it's a shitty place to live. if a place is expensive it's probably because the job market is strong and it's highly desirable. i'm sorry but san jose is not better than sf. and walmart hq is not the 5th best place in the country to live.

yeah, i mean Scranton is on this list. Fucking Scranton, PA.

Mostly agree, though things like taxes, infrastructure, transit accessibility, rent control policies, and other non- or quasi-market factors can affect cost of living and quality of life.

Maybe the list takes into account current residents?

How they could think G-Boro, W-S, Allentown, Scranton or about 75-80 other places can compare to HB is staggering.

The OC sucks when you get past 2 blocks from the beach. A soulless, conservative, suburbia.

Back