• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Because televised sports cater to the least knowledgeable fans in order to bring in and keep an audience.

The RPO is relatively new to the NFL particularly to any fans of teams that don’t regularly use it. I don’t remember hearing much about it at all before this past season. So they’re introducing a new concept and a new term to the audience.

Edit: This article from August confirms what I was saying. It introduced the RPO as the hot new play for the 2017 season. There were only 5 RPOs per game in 2016.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/...s-option-rpo-aaron-rodgers-ben-roethlisberger

C'mon man. Just read.

Dumb questions about dumb complaints tend to generate dumb discussions.

C'mon man. Just read.

Dumb questions about dumb complaints tend to generate dumb discussions.

You're just the fan I'm talking about. If you heard it once, you understood it and you were good. Yet they kept repeating it ad infinitum, all game, all year, allegedly for those "least knowledgeable fans," as you say. Which was unnecessary. The regular fans understand it after one mention. The novice fans don't care.

Just a random observation. Didn't realize it would irk you.

Can we talk less about RPO and other announcer word vomit and more about Jimmy Garappolo?

How many teams need a QB? How many proven NFL starting QBs are available?

Jets
Broncos
Buffalo
Miami
Jax?
Minn?

Feels like the Colts ended up with a better option in Reich. Will be interesting to see how the Eagles' ridiculous offense is affected by his (and the QB coach's) departure.

Last edited:
Add the Cincinnati Bungles to this list. I'll be so pissed off if they draft Baker Mayfield.

They'll probably have to trade up significantly in order to get Mayfield. Darnold and Rosen probably go 1&2, and I doubt Allen and Mayfield last after 6.

Cardinals. Giants.

Giants seem to be sticking with Eli for 2018 so I don't see them in the market for a high dollar free agent QB. Might they draft somebody to follow Eli? Possibly this year. More likely next.

NFL V-Day memes

28070899_1836277363085610_6592732314541736299_o.jpg

27982746_1836277156418964_2731731215838628139_o.jpg

27993449_1836281336418546_4577517898234226664_o.jpg

27797895_1836277003085646_5566669558180133900_o.jpg

28070781_1836276989752314_2349786532979361074_o.jpg

Think Miami is still pretty set on Ryan Tannehill, and he has 3 years left. Also, surely Minnesota doesn't need any more QBs.

Think Miami is still pretty set on Ryan Tannehill, and he has 3 years left. Also, surely Minnesota doesn't need any more QBs.

All the QBs on the Minn roster for 2017 are about to be free agents (Mar 14, start of 2018 NFL year.) Minn has 3 QBs, but they also may have none. Which one(s) do you keep and pay?

All the QBs on the Minn roster for 2017 are about to be free agents (Mar 14, start of 2018 NFL year.) Minn has 3 QBs, but they also may have none. Which one(s) do you keep and pay?

I've read they can keep Bridgewater for around $9mil, so they'll probably do that regardless - then they'll have better info next year as to whether he's trustworthy to sign long term. Then see how much Keenum wants. If it's too much, then keep Bradford. And between Bradford and Bridgewater, maybe you'll get 16 games added up between them.

Sounds like there's a solid chance they might franchise Keenum, while pursuing trade options as well. Not a bad move, although unsure if they'd be able to keep Bridgewater and have $30 million in QBs if no viable trade offers come.

Sounds like there's a solid chance they might franchise Keenum, while pursuing trade options as well. Not a bad move, although unsure if they'd be able to keep Bridgewater and have $30 million in QBs if no viable trade offers come.

Is Keenum worth what a franchise tag would cost - that is top 5 QB salary?

If they think Bridgewater can be the guy, maybe they'll only keep him and draft a QB.

It's such a weird situation. They've won with 3 QBs. None of them are franchise guys. All have a good relationship with the franchise.

If they think Bridgewater can be the guy, maybe they'll only keep him and draft a QB.

It's such a weird situation. They've won with 3 QBs. None of them are franchise guys. All have a good relationship with the franchise.

I wouldn't say none of them are franchise QBs. Bridgewater was well on his way to being 1 until his knee injury. If he's healthy, I'd go after him if I were another team. And that's why I think Minn will keep him for $9mil - just to test the waters with him this year before going for a long term commitment. And Keenum could well be a franchise QB based on his play this past year. I'm interested to see if some team ponies up close to $20mil per for him. I wouldn't call Bradford a franchise QB - he's competent when healthy, but he's almost never healthy.

Back