• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I don't think he gets past #3. Cle could go RB at 1 and QB at 4, though I doubt it. NYG may draft Barkley, but I think they're crazy if they pass up their chance to draft a franchise QB. Not sure when they're going to be this high again. And Irsay has already said they're taking Barkley. Good luck to Frank Reich getting along with that over medicated idiot. So if you're down further, you're going to have to do some mortgaging if you're going to trade up for him. If you're drafting like 8-13, and you want a RB, you may be better off just taking Guice, who also doesn't suck.

I don't think the Giants will take Barkley, they will either take a QB or trade out of the pick. I could see them dealing the #2 to Buffalo for #21, #22, and Buffalo's 1st next year.

Hard to resist taking Barkley as good as he looked most of the season and with those combine numbers.

UCF LB Shaquem Griffin benched 20 reps yesterday using a prosthetic left hand. Today he ran a 4.38 40.

How much value do NFL teams place on having a left hand?

UCF LB Shaquem Griffin benched 20 reps yesterday using a prosthetic left hand. Today he ran a 4.38 40.

How much value do NFL teams place on having a left hand?

Isn't JPP essentially one-handed?

Isn't JPP essentially one-handed?

I didn't watch many bowl games, but I did watch UCF beat Auburn. Was really impressed with Griffin and their CB Hughes. Hughes is a nice late 1st to 2nd round CB. Griffin was the bowl game MVP and was all over the field making plays. My recollection was I think he played mostly on the right side. I think the 2 concerns about him are: (1) size - he's like 6', 227, which is Will LB size but he was more of an edge rusher in college; and (2) lack of a hand affecting him more as a Will LB than as an edge rusher (not sure if it's that or if it's a concern of the missing hand forcing him to play on 1 side as opposed to the other). Before the combine, he was projecting to the 4th round as a special teamer and situational guy on D. Now he might be a 3rd rounder. Doubt he goes in the 2nd.

I still think he’s a special teamer and situational guy but potentially a game changer on 3rd down and a guy who could give punt protect units fits.

Good Lord, please no

Who do you think will be the Bills QB next season? I'm assuming the top 4 QBs in the draft all go in the top 10. Maybe even the top 6. So I think that makes it unlikely you trade up that high to grab 1 of those guys. But Lamar Jackson could be there at 21, and Mason Rudolph will most definitely be there at 21. Any interest there? I think Jackson could be interesting, but I also think he could break in half if he continues to run like RG3 instead of Russell Wilson. As for Cousins, it doesn't sound as if you're in on those sweepstakes, and I think the Vikes are using Cousins to get Keenum to sign for a more reasonable price. So if those 2 things are true, to me the most interesting option would be to stick with Taylor and take Jackson. Given they both run well, you wouldn't have to change the offense any if the starter went down.

Who do you think will be the Bills QB next season? I'm assuming the top 4 QBs in the draft all go in the top 10. Maybe even the top 6. So I think that makes it unlikely you trade up that high to grab 1 of those guys. But Lamar Jackson could be there at 21, and Mason Rudolph will most definitely be there at 21. Any interest there? I think Jackson could be interesting, but I also think he could break in half if he continues to run like RG3 instead of Russell Wilson. As for Cousins, it doesn't sound as if you're in on those sweepstakes, and I think the Vikes are using Cousins to get Keenum to sign for a more reasonable price. So if those 2 things are true, to me the most interesting option would be to stick with Taylor and take Jackson. Given they both run well, you wouldn't have to change the offense any if the starter went down.

I don't see why the Bills would dump Tyrod just to draft Jackson. I think Tyrod was underappreciated in Buffalo. I guess since he's not a lock as a franchise QB, they want to move on.

I don't see why the Bills would dump Tyrod just to draft Jackson. I think Tyrod was underappreciated in Buffalo. I guess since he's not a lock as a franchise QB, they want to move on.

The current regime in Buffalo via its actions over the past year or so has showed that it would like to move on from Tryod, however circumstances and draft positioning may make that difficult to do. So 1 thing I was thinking is they could keep Tyrod for another year and draft Jackson and see if he is the real deal.

Back