• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

It is weird that surefire Hall of Famer never played a meaningful game despite playing one of the most important positions on the field.

I saw he tweet where he never started a season 1-0. That's nuts.

Also, has anyone heard where Camp is going/suspected to land? He is a FA and the Ravens have signed a couple of (shitty) WRs.

Also, has anyone heard where Camp is going/suspected to land? He is a FA and the Ravens have signed a couple of (shitty) WRs.

Probably on IR somewhere.

McCarron isn't an NFL starting QB. He's a step down from Tyrod. That said, Buffalo will likely trade up to 1 or 4 with Cleveland to land their future starter.

I don't disagree about Tyrod - I preferred to keep him given the current options. I disagree about McCarron's abilities. If Case Keenum can be an effective NFL starter, McCarron certainly can. In the end, both would have been nothing more than a bridge to the QB they will draft in the next month and a half.

I'm guessing they re-sign him on the cheap. He's worth a low contract if healthy. Also think they re-sign Wallace. Grant wasn't a bad pick-up, but I don't care for the Brown signing for that kind of $$. The production and inconsistent health don't justify it. Read that the Ravens were looking at Nelson and Wallace next. Why even look at Nelson at what he's going to cost? Just sign Wallace for another couple of years. They know they're going to lose Jensen. But I didn't completely get re-signing Hurst unless they believe Lewis can be moved to C or RT. Hurst had a nice year at LG after a few awful years as a swing T. It's a bad T draft but a good C draft, so I'm guessing they take a C in the 2nd or 3rd round. Or maybe they're thinking about moving Yanda to RT. I'm pretty down on the state of their roster and even more down on their coordinators. With the schedule they play (have to play the NFCS and AFCW), I don't see them being better than .500, and I hope that means they're moving on from Harbs after the season. Then maybe my PSL will be worth selling.

She's already a member of #billsmafia for God's sakes. This woman is a true gift to humanity. I also can't wait to see her jump on burning tables.

katherine-webb-response_jrlfwh.png

aj will lead the bills back to the promised land of a wild card loss

Eagles let Vinnie Curry go. Salary cap casualty. Apparently he was unwilling to restructure his contract.

the fuck are the jets doing trading 3 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots in the draft?

Eagles now only have one tight end (Ertz) where they had three before. Trey Burton and Brent Celek getting paid elsewhere.

I fear the worst: the Bills are gonna trade all of these early picks they have to the Giants to move ahead of the Jets. Someone kill me.

The Bills are going to trade up to somewhere in the top 4 to get a QB. And I obviously disagree with you about McCarron's abilities, outside of him having a hot wife. Buffalo is saving cap space with McCarron - he's like $10mil cheaper than Taylor on the books. But Taylor is the better QB. I think Cleveland is going to trade either the 1 or 4 to Buffalo.

The Jets trading to 3 is interesting, and they gave up a lot for it. If they want Barkley, they may have needed to go to #2, so I don't think they're doing it to get Barkley. So I see it as a QB related trade. I'm guessing they like 2-3 of these QBs but not the 4th and are willing to settle for whoever of those guys is available at 3, and they wanted to be ahead of Denver. As for Denver at 5, if they stay there, look for them to take the ND OG. The next thing Elway needs to address is his woeful OL.

The Bills are going to trade up to somewhere in the top 4 to get a QB. And I obviously disagree with you about McCarron's abilities, outside of him having a hot wife. Buffalo is saving cap space with McCarron - he's like $10mil cheaper than Taylor on the books. But Taylor is the better QB. I think Cleveland is going to trade either the 1 or 4 to Buffalo.

The Jets trading to 3 is interesting, and they gave up a lot for it. If they want Barkley, they may have needed to go to #2, so I don't think they're doing it to get Barkley. So I see it as a QB related trade. I'm guessing they like 2-3 of these QBs but not the 4th and are willing to settle for whoever of those guys is available at 3, and they wanted to be ahead of Denver. As for Denver at 5, if they stay there, look for them to take the ND OG. The next thing Elway needs to address is his woeful OL.

We don't disagree, though. I've said all along that TT was the best option for the Bills next year.

All the trading up is making teams not looking for QB's happy. All the top QB's now look to go in the first four or 5 or 6 picks. Teams picking just after that all could get really good players cheaper than they thought.

Put me in the camp of wanting the Bills to keep their picks, take whichever QB falls to them at 12, and then fill the rest of their needs with the other 5 first-3 round picks. With a few more pieces, McCarron can get us back to the playoffs.

i think the only reason the bills made the playoffs last year was because the afc was hot garbage

Put me in the camp of wanting the Bills to keep their picks, take whichever QB falls to them at 12, and then fill the rest of their needs with the other 5 first-3 round picks. With a few more pieces, McCarron can get us back to the playoffs.

That makes sense. Trading several picks to move up to get a specific guy just doesn't make sense unless there is a surefire Peyton or Luck type #1. I'm a firm believer than every team in the league can pick themselves up with a good draft and a few good FAs. A good draft could be the difference between a weak playoff team and a SB contender.

I'm not sure about the last sentence, but I do agree with the rest. All of the mocks have a decent QB falling to 12. TBH I don't see any of the QBs available as game changers. Keep the picks, fill positions of need, draft whoever is available at 12 and move on. I do think AJ can be more than serviceable, and his contract is in our favor. If he performs, we are paying backup money to a full fledged starter. If he doesn't, you roll with 12 (Lamar Jackson, maybe?) and see what you've got.

The biggest inefficiency in the NFL is that most teams would be better off with a cheap competent backup and saving 20 mil to spend elsewhere. Spending 30 mil on Kirk cousins types only works for like a one season window when you have a decent team.

Back