• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Alge Crumpler is why Julius Peppers switched from TE to DE

Back when Alge played for the Falcons, whenever one of my buddies had to take a dump, we would say: "Coach Reeves is having a sit down with Alge Crumpler."

Insert RJKomedian here.........

49ers traded their (former) starting right tackle and a 5th to the Patriots for a 3rd. The pick last night makes a lot more sense now.

I've always thought Witten was sort of overrated. No way he's a top 3 TE all time.

Mike Ditka is a HoF TE, but he only played with Dallas at the end of his career.

Witten
Novacek
?

I'd put Novacek over Witten because of the rings. I don't know if Witten should get more credit because he was stuck playing with Romo, or share some of the blame for Romo being Romo.

But yeah, no fucking way he is top 3 or top 10 all time, maybe not top 20. Longevity doesn't count for shit when his entire career was just racking up numbers on a perennial doormat of a team. They had to throw the ball to somebody when they were down 28-3.

But yeah, no fucking way he is top 3 or top 10 all time, maybe not top 20. Longevity doesn't count for shit when his entire career was just racking up numbers on a perennial doormat of a team. They had to throw the ball to somebody when they were down 28-3.

Dallas finished sub-.500 three times in Witten's 15-year career

He may not be top 10, but it's not even a question that he's top 20

2&2 sure knows how to turn a winning argument into a losing one

will marvin harrison come out with his baseball bat for the next two picks?

Having a guest come out and announce every pick is awful.

Why?

The NFL should take every opportunity possible to honor great former players.

Last edited:
Interesting to note our Scotty Washington is taller and bigger that Courtland Sutton. He could definitely be on draft boards next year if he keeps up his improvement.

Back