• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

i wonder if the panthers will take reid or bates if both are available

Watch Nate Burleson be a dumbass and 4 others not get the name right of their teams pick.

Nate Burleson was horrible especially since he’s on TV all the time anyway.

So how many picks have been traded tonight so far? Feels like half.

Whoa! Bengals take Jessie Bates ahead of Carolina with Reid still on the board

This Raiders dude is just dripping with CTE

Good decision by JBIII

Glad the Panthers didn't have a chance to pass on him so I'd be pissed

Some Wake connections there. Brandon Ghee played CB for the Bengals for a few seasons.

Bates will be coached by new Bengals DC Teryl Austin who was the Wake DB coach for a few years under Caldwell.

of course gettleman takes will hernandez

Whatever you think of Gettleman, he's nailed this draft so far. Barkley, Hernandez, Hill and Carter. Adding Solder and Hernandez to the OL should really help shore up what has been an awful line, and you throw in the best RB since forever. Hill is stout in the middle of the DL, and Carter should help the pass rush. They pick at 8 in the 4th, and I'm interested to see if they go after Lauletta. Also like what Tampa, Zona and Miami have done (and I rarely like what Miami does). As for my Ravens, the 2 TEs help a gaping need but it'll depend on how good Jackson and Zeus Jr are. Brown seems awfully unathletic to play OT at this level, but he didn't seem to have too many problems at Oklahoma, so maybe he's not too much of a reach in the 3rd round.

Best part of the draft (other than Jessie being drafted) was David Akers saying, "The last time the Cowboys won the Super Bowl these kids weren't even born!"

When a KICKER biotch slaps you...

The Browns suffer from battered wife's syndrome. The WR they just picked after being arrested at UF (and suspended for the third time) claimed that: "I was way too stoned to want to have sex with anybody let alone rape them." Surprisingly, he failed his drug test at the combine.

Back