• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Also kaep is not very good

The whole situation boils down to this. If he was still a SB caliber QB he would have been signed a long time ago. Since he kinda sucks now, he's not worth the headache to OWG owners who are afraid of angry letters from a vocal minority

I am curious to know if Kaep is turning down any lowball offers or what kind of communication his agent is having with GMs.

Last I heard, Kaep didn't get any offers. The Ravens were considering it but the fans revolted.

It does suck though, I mean we live in country where you should be free to protest

Last I heard, Kaep didn't get any offers. The Ravens were considering it but the fans revolted.

Plus, we have little cap room after signing a RT, which was a lot more important than a back-up QB. I think the interest in Kaep was more if Joe's injury was going to linger. Now that he will be back in the next week or so, they'll stick with a sucky Mallett playing in the preseason and holding the clipboard during the regular season.

There are many factors involved, such that it is hard to isolate what weight the racism variable impacts the situation.

There are many factors involved, such that it is hard to isolate what weight the racism variable impacts the situation.

Sure. But there's definitely a racism variable. Plenty of people hate his message.

It does suck though, I mean we live in country where you should be free to protest

I think it's more than that. The other guys taking a knee and Megan Rapinoe are still employed. If you're management, do you want to pay high back-up QB money for a guy who will be a distraction? The answer is probably not as long as your starter is healthy. But when your starter goes down for a significant period of time is when he's going to get his call. The 2 teams who should have been interested in him because he would have been better than anyone else they have are the Jets and Browns, especially the Jets. But rather than try to be competitive, Woody Johnson would rather have a fire sale of his better players in order to tank this season to get 1 of the 1st 2 picks next year. I don't know that I've seen an owner so obviously tank his team before the season in the NFL. NBA sure, but not the NFL.

Sure. But there's definitely a racism variable. Plenty of people hate his message.

Absolutely agree, just hard to figure out to what degree. Kaep is particularly curious because his skillset is unique and requires a certain system to maximize his success, as opposed to a generic plug-and-play west coast offense, B1G alumni, game manager type.

Kaep is a fucking moron. I am still not convinced that he just wasnt paying attention during the first anthem and then he just made shit up off the cuff when someone asked him about it.

I've never heard him articulate a well thought out position related to the matter. In some of his first interviews he was focusing on the fact that cops involved in shootings get paid leave? Not exactly the crux of the matter. And the pig police socks? None of these suggest anything close to a mature individual exercising well thought out protests.

Let's also remember that no one is questioning his right to protest or exercise free speech, but there is no right to say whatever the F comes to mind and still hold down your job.

Signing Jay Cutler for $10M versus signing Kap for $2-5M conclusively proves there is collusion and Kap is being blackballed. Virtually no one in Cutler's locker room liked him. He quit on his team in a playoff game. He sucks. He's lazy. Kap works his ass off; is younger; is better; is liked in locker rooms and as importantly as all of those the Fins' owner publicly OK'd his players protesting like Kap did. If anyone was going to sign Kap it was the Fins. But that didn't happen.

It's a shame there's no owner with the cajones to tell the truth about this. What's even worse is the total silence and utter weakness of the NFLPA. They won't even speak up for their member. What a bunch of total wusses.

Big 49ers fan here and I think Kaep remaining unsigned has less to do with his protest and more to do with talent level. He's at a weird place where he's not a starting QB but doesn't want to be paid like a backup. Kaep lit the league up largely due to Vernon Davis and Crabtree and the fact that he could run. Him, Russell Wilson, and RGIII, all hit the league at about the same time with the same style of play and did great because that was a style of QB that hadn't really been seen before. After that season, only Russell Wilson had any success and I wouldn't say he was a great QB but he is a solidly consistent QB.

Kaep on the other hand can't go through his progressions, has a lightning arm but isn't super accurate, and from accounts I read, didn't really get along with his teammates. It wasn't so much that he was a dick or abrasive or anything, but that he would just sit there and not talk to anybody and nobody would talk to him.

I'm not surprised that Kaep hasn't been signed but I think a lot of people are making it out to be because of his protest when I think that in reality, it has more to do with his talent level. If he were a tier above or below where he currently is, he would be on a team either as a solid starter or a consistent backup.

How bad are the jets going to be this year, another injury. Throw in Jay Cutler to the AFC east and just rubber stamp the Pats to the playoffs, don't even play the games.

Kaep is a fucking moron. I am still not convinced that he just wasnt paying attention during the first anthem and then he just made shit up off the cuff when someone asked him about it.

I've never heard him articulate a well thought out position related to the matter. In some of his first interviews he was focusing on the fact that cops involved in shootings get paid leave? Not exactly the crux of the matter. And the pig police socks? None of these suggest anything close to a mature individual exercising well thought out protests.

Let's also remember that no one is questioning his right to protest or exercise free speech, but there is no right to say whatever the F comes to mind and still hold down your job.

This. 100%.

Yeah. TAB is correct. This is part of the bed he has made for himself before the protest. I'm glad he seems to be figuring out his purpose but he's doing it on the fly after being kind of an ass.

Back