• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

He’s OT fast but not DE or DT fast with a 5.10 40.

When he was interviewed on NFLN, they were teasing him to tell his coaches he wanted to play TE.

That would make sense if they could work on his speed. Nobody wants to mess with a 6-8/348 guy with 10% body fat in the open field.

When he was interviewed on NFLN, they were teasing him to tell his coaches he wanted to play TE.

Watching the video, I thought that, too. If he lost 40-50 pounds, he'd be a tough guy to bring down. If he has decent hands.

That would make sense if they could work on his speed. Nobody wants to mess with a 6-8/348 guy with 10% body fat in the open field.

He seems to have strong hands. Several times it appeared the opponents were trying to rip the ball loose rather than tackle him. Now whether he could catch a football...

If I were the Eagles, I would be giving him looks at multiple positions, then pick where I thought he would fit best and have him work on that. Make him a goal line tight end, if he can learn to block at all. Power for a tough yard or two with him beside either Jason Peters or Lane Johnson anyone?

Hell, if the Eagles are inside the three yard line, give him the damn ball. He can clearly hold onto the ball,

If he were a FB, the RB would be hidden behind him. It would give him the opportunity to run, block, catch, but mostly block. Could you imagine him as a FB (blocker) going through the line looking for a LB to take out with a running start?

If he were a FB, the RB would be hidden behind him. It would give him the opportunity to run, block, catch, but mostly block. Could you imagine him as a FB (blocker) going through the line looking for a LB to take out with a running start?

That would be quite a sight for the linebacker.

Would love to know what some of his "quickness" numbers look like. How quick are his first few steps? Linemen don't often cover 40 yards. The best are (among other things) really quick in the first few yards and reacting to the snap.

Drew Next Question Rosenhaus is as good a turd polisher as any. Given how Flowers has played and how well he's respected in the locker room, it's a small wonder that no team has taken up the Giants on their offer of a mid round pick for Flowers. That said, his signing with an agent has got to be good news for the Giants. At least he'll be getting appropriate advice from now on. Also thought the Giants had 1 of the best drafts. Adding Solder and Hernandez should be a big boost for a leaky OL, and Barkley is the best back I've seen entering the league since Peterson. I'm interested in seeing what Lauletta looks like the next 2 preseasons to see if he has potential.

The SNY reporter covering the Jets tweeted that Wolford did well at mini-camp. Said he "looked terrific" and "left an impression inside the organization".

Even if he doesn't eventually get signed by the Jets, this will increase his chances of getting a UDFA contract somewhere.

Back