• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I felt asleep shortly after the 3rd quarter started and just woke up. Crazy.

It's weird the pats skimped on the front 7 when it's the favorite thing they exploit from the other team with mismatched linebackers

Apparently the pats master plan to play a 3-8 defensive scheme didn't work out

I feel bad for Eric Berry. He's going to be done for the year with the Achilles

I wonder how many hardass "old school" coaches would have benched a rookie RB after that fumble.

lol at NFL bumping up Josh Brown's suspension to deflect from botching the Zeke stuff. The ginger hammer continues to have the finesse of a drunk toddler.

I don't understand the owners, the league is successful despite him not because of him.

I don't understand the owners, the league is successful despite him not because of him.

Incorrect. The more controversy, the more people talk about it, the more money comes in.

Their biggest problems (relatively speaking with regard to the king of all sports, of course) aren't Goodell, they are: (1) the actual games being tough to watch because of Redzone, and (2) people like me who are burned out on fantasy football after playing it for 20+ years starting to not care about the NFL as much any more. They've basically centered their league around fantasy football, which in my opinion will be declining worse than the ATL over the next few years.

Incorrect. The more controversy, the more people talk about it, the more money comes in.

Their biggest problems (relatively speaking with regard to the king of all sports, of course) aren't Goodell, they are: (1) the actual games being tough to watch because of Redzone, and (2) people like me who are burned out on fantasy football after playing it for 20+ years starting to not care about the NFL as much any more. They've basically centered their league around fantasy football, which in my opinion will be declining worse than the ATL over the next few years.
Agreed on fantasy, I was playing back in the mid 90s and this year just had no interest in it

Their biggest risk long term is more data coming out about head injuries > parents not letting their kids play football > younger generations aren't big fans.

NFL Offseason Thread: 10 min OT; NFL = Some fun league?; Cortez Kennedy RIP

Agreed on fantasy, I was playing back in the mid 90s and this year just had no interest in it

This was my 22nd season of fantasy football. Crazy to think about it.

It makes me uncomfortable that the league is actively against players. I don't think the league should hand out suspensions for off field stuff at all, should be up to the teams to decide if they're cool with what the player may or may not have done. If it's really bad, the guy won't get signed anyway, like ray rice after his suspension was lifted

Brady 16-36 with 70.0 passer rating and 45.7 QBR. Wonder if it's an aberration or if this is the Brady we'll see this year.

He seems very confident that he'll be just as good this year as ever and that he can play to 45. But history says when a qb goes, he goes quick. Manning went from league MVP to one of the worst QBs in the league in 2 years.

The only reason I played fantasy this year was to keep the connection to my buddies back in Texas. I had very little interest during the draft and this will probably be my last season. I also didn't watch a second of last night's game, and don't plan on doing much but casually falling the P-Cats and maybe watching redzone for fantasy. The NFL sucks now.

I loaded up on FF Pats (Brady, Gronk, Hogan) with the hope that my fantasy bad vibes would bring down the entire franchise

Wish me luck!

You're welcome America

Back