• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Agreed on fantasy, I was playing back in the mid 90s and this year just had no interest in it

You realize that you got older, right? And that there are new 15-18 year olds just discovering it who will be playing it (and draft kings) for the next 20 years before getting tired of it?

That rumble you just felt wasn't an Earthquake off Chiapas, or even Hurricane Irma...that was bandwagon nation (and risk-taking fantasy owners) simultaneously blowing their loads across the country.

I was a freshman at Wake the last time Detroit beat Arizona. They've lost seven straight to the Cardinals in the twelve years since.

You realize that you got older, right? And that there are new 15-18 year olds just discovering it who will be playing it (and draft kings) for the next 20 years before getting tired of it?

Doubtful, IMO. My 7 year old has been consciously watching and commenting on me playing fantasy football for 2-3 years now. He gets into it at times, but not as much as other things. It was really cool for us when the internet made things easy because it wasn't the same pen and paper fantasy system that we had when we were kids. For kids now when they get older it will be like us still playing Monopoly or Uno or something. "Remember when people used to play fantasy football all the time? Man that was lame, how could they enjoy that?"

Arthur Blank at the super bowl looks like a whimsical old theme park operator who ran out of money and had to shutter the place.

This is my first time watching Red Zone exclusively during the 1:00 games. This is amazing.

I was a freshman at Wake the last time Detroit beat Arizona. They've lost seven straight to the Cardinals in the twelve years since.

Stafford tosses a pick 6. At least the Lions uni colors are looking good/classic (sans black trim).

This is my first time watching Red Zone exclusively during the 1:00 games. This is amazing.

Welcome to heaven.

welcome to the realization of how many commercials and other dumb delays there really are

Yep, I'm already trying to figure out how I convince the GF that we need to purchase Red Zone. Both PHI-WAS and PIT-CLE are already unwatchable.

How much convincing does it take? It's 7 bucks a month for me to get the tier that has it, and I cancel after the season. Surely whatever you have is similar.

Her company pays for our cable/internet and I doubt she wants me to have another excuse to lay around and watch football on Sunday

Luckily I have a boy in the neighborhood with the full DTV set up...but due to the Panthers being the late game, and my mom visiting, we're not going over there until 3

Incorrect. The more controversy, the more people talk about it, the more money comes in.

Their biggest problems (relatively speaking with regard to the king of all sports, of course) aren't Goodell, they are: (1) the actual games being tough to watch because of Redzone, and (2) people like me who are burned out on fantasy football after playing it for 20+ years starting to not care about the NFL as much any more. They've basically centered their league around fantasy football, which in my opinion will be declining worse than the ATL over the next few years.

Agreed on the redzone and fantasy football.
And if cbs is going to go split screen during commercials and stay at the game for one part, at least show the cheerleaders. No one cares to see the qb talk to the coaches.

Tommy Bohanon just got a goal line carry for Jax. Didn't make it in, but play is under review.

So is Lee even playing today? I thought he was supposedly starting for Oakland

NFL Offseason Thread: Screw it. I guess this is the NFL Week 1 Thread

Bohanon with the TD catch!

Last edited:
This Cohen cat from A&T is a baller.

Glad I didn't take Howard early in fantasy

Back