• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

What was Sark's contract situation? Seems like that would be a pretty big factor. I don't remember hearing about any extension with his one-game promotion, or even that he would be OC next year.

I'm pretty sure they said he would be OC for next year at the time

I find it fascinating that people are trying to figure out why a guy who isn't a current head coach would take a job as OC of the best offense in the NFL last year.

Sark gets Julio, Devonta, Ryan, and Sweetwater Brewery. Prettay, prettay good

Giants release Victor Cruz and Rashad Jennings.

I'd like to see the Eagles sign Desean Jackson and Cruz.

I'd like to see the Eagles sign Desean Jackson and Cruz.

Story in DC is they want to resign D. Jax. How much of a premium would he cost the Eagles, and how much premium would they be willing to pay?

One of the fun parts of having a shitty team is the offseason can be really fun.

I read at least an article a day that speculates a new QB to the 49ers.

So far I've heard (in order of most likely to actually happen):
-- Kirk Cousins
-- Jay Cutler
-- Jimmy Garappolo
-- AJ McCarron
-- Matt Schaub
-- Mike Glennon
-- Tony Romo
-- Brian Hoyer

Plus drafting either Deshaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky.

Personally, I hope we don't draft a QB with the 2nd pick. I don't think any QB in the draft is worthy of the pick and we have other needs.

I'm interested in Garappolo, but he didn't really play THAT much and I'd be a bit concerned about the price of getting him (certainly not the #2 pick).

I don't want Cutler unless it's to groom a younger QB we pick up in the draft.

AJ McCarron would be interesting.

Kirk Cousins would be good because I don't think we'd take Cousins if the Redskins franchised him and tried to trade him.

I really want Tony Romo just to drive my father-in-law crazy.

What about the #2 overall pick for Romo? Do we have a deal?

What about the #2 overall pick for Romo? Do we have a deal?

I'm doubting you're being serious here. Romo has a limited shelf life, and he's not going to a reclamation project of a team. I see no way in which he can be traded at this point, so Jerruh will do the right thing and cut him. Really, the only city that makes sense for Romo is Houston, but I don't know how they'd be able to structure a 2nd expensive QB contract at the same time as Osweiler's.

The team I really don't get right now is Buffalo. Taylor has emerged as a legit starter and has played well enough the last 2 years to justify keeping him going forward, especially since they brought Dennison on as OC (Kubiak and Dennison liked him from their year together in Baltimore). But the signs point toward cutting him, and then where are they going to go? They draft too late to have a realistic shot at Trubisky or Watson. So maybe a later round QB and bring in a Hoyer/Cutler/McCown as a placeholder? The Bills effed up by not firing Whaley too when they fired Rex.

No take-backs. I'll get Jerruh on the phone to give him the good news.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade the #2 pick in the draft for any of those guys.

Unless we draft a QB. Then trade it before that happens.

The 9ers should propose the #2 overall pick for Dak. Jerry would do it to get his boy Romo back under center, plus pick up Watson/Trubisky for the future.

I could see the rationale behind a move like that if SF threw in another high value pick since Dak is "proven" in the league and Watson/Trub are not

But it would never happen.

Hoyer to San Francisco
Glennon to Chicago
Romo to likely Denver or Houston

2017 Jets starting QB: Jay Cutler or GENO. I'll take Geno and tank for a year.

Giants sign Brandon Marshall for 2 years $6 mil. Great value for a guy who should have a huge year given the other two WRs. He can play on the outside opposite ODB while Shepard plays in the slot, so a much better fit across the field than Cruz was last year. Plus, I can see him getting on ODB if he continues to pull his millennial BS, which is a bonus.

Back