• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Good...glad he won't be living off the government for the rest of his life.

Could have done it sooner and not wasted everyone's time.

This is my feeling as well. Costs $35K or so per year to incarcerate someone. I'm all for murdering fucks to self select out of life. And yes, it is more helpful for them to do that before trial. The trial experience for families and friends of victims can be quite an ordeal because they have to sit there and hear the graphic details of their loved ones' deaths and relive the that horrific experience. Wish Dylan Roof had done the right thing and offed himself. The only downside to Hernandez offing himself is that's all they were talking about on Sportscenter, Mike and Mike and PFT this a.m., and I would have appreciated more talk about the draft and hoops playoffs.

Last edited:
Seems like Hernandez played longer than 3 years in the league.

I've read some things that indicate that because he died during appeals all of his convictions are vacated and his family is now entitled to the guaranteed money from his signing bonus. Not sure if that was his motive or just serendipitous. I'm guessing this will come with a large legal fight from the Pats. He had 3 years, so I guess he's eligible for pension as well.

Just saw the NFL shop has the Aaron Hernandez Christmas ornaments back up for sale, now you can hang them in your house!

Seems like Hernandez played longer than 3 years in the league.

I've read some things that indicate that because he died during appeals all of his convictions are vacated and his family is now entitled to the guaranteed money from his signing bonus. Not sure if that was his motive or just serendipitous. I'm guessing this will come with a large legal fight from the Pats. He had 3 years, so I guess he's eligible for pension as well.

yeah and I saw that Odin Lloyd's family can't submit evidence from the murder trial in the civil trial because of that.

Just saw the NFL shop has the Aaron Hernandez Christmas ornaments back up for sale, now you can hang them in your house!

rgiw83.jpg

Saw he had John 3:16 written on the cell wall and his forehead. Tebow murdered him!!!

While I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, you still gotta love Gronk interrupting Spicer yesterday to ask if he needed any help. I wonder if that guy has ever had a bad day. Even when he's injured, he probably has a blast rehabbing.

Will be intriguing to see if the BU study of Hernandez's brain turns up CTE

He started being a piece of shit by like age 16. Wonder if he was a legit sociopath.

Falcons not forced to travel to new England to open the season, a la Panthers v. Broncos.

The CTE thing will be used for a convenient cover over the fact he went down a dark crazy path after his father died.

"Compounding matters: The Broncos gave up a 2010 first-round pick to get Smith and that pick would turn out to be Earl Thomas."

Ouch.

Back