• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

i mean, lol, just lol

Watching a little of the HOF game -- there's really no way for a safety to make a hit on a receiver coming down the middle any more with the new rule.

This is a penalty now, lol.

The most surprising thing about this post is learning that people actually watch preseason football.

To be fair, it is better than baseball.

Also, former ref Terry Mcaulay was in the NBC booth and said he didn't think this was a penalty. I was surprised he wasn't told to toe the company line. Well not yet anyway.

Yeah. He seemed to think they're going to walk back that penalty after the preseason. They just need to try it first.

Yeah, this new helmet rule is awful. Now we all understand why Roquan Smith is holding out not for $$ but to make sure he doesn't lose guaranteed $$ for a suspension for an "illegal" hit. I get calling the Correa hit with the top of his helmet a spear, even thought it wasn't a big hit or anything, but because it's not safe when you lower your head. But all of the other hits that were flagged the guys had their heads up. Add to what we saw last night, we've already heard from 2 camps (Philly and Buffalo) that visiting refs have not been able to articulate what is and what isn't an illegal hit under this new rule.

On the plus side, my Ravens look like they may be better than I had thought, and for the 1st time in 4 years they don't have double digit guys on IR already.

Eagles sign Christian Hackenberg because they are almost out of healthy QB bodies. Both Wentz and Foles are hurt, leaving Nate Sudfeld as the only healthy QB.

Almost 10 days without a post. Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble getting excited about this season. Super Bowl champs vs. the #1 pick on Thursday in Game 3 has 5 turnovers, a FG, and a safety.

Preseason is just too long. I get initially excited when I see football games are back, but I just don't care until the games start counting.

Annoyed it seems like the Falcons are gonna get the Eagles without healthy Wentz or Foles

Almost 10 days without a post. Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble getting excited about this season. Super Bowl champs vs. the #1 pick on Thursday in Game 3 has 5 turnovers, a FG, and a safety.

Foles played a stinker of a game with interceptions and fumbles. Also the O-line didn't look very strong. Announcers I heard put the safety and one fumble on them for poor blocking in pass protection. Who would have guessed that poor line play could make the superbowl MVP look like a bad HS QB.

Foles slipped and fell on the safety. Hard to put that on the OL unless he tripped.

Foles slipped and fell on the safety. Hard to put that on the OL unless he tripped.

Foles was deemed down by contact at that point so he had a defender pretty close when he went down.

Foles was deemed down by contact at that point so he had a defender pretty close when he went down.

He could have thrown the ball away otherwise.

He could have thrown the ball away otherwise.

Exactly. But because the Eagle's O line was pretty porous, Browns defenders were in the Philly backfield and close enough to touch Foles when he slipped. Thus he couldn't di anything else.

Most QBs will get sacked when the trip and hit one knee.

Please break down more plays from preseason Thursday night games.

I have a fantasy draft tonight and really couldn't care less. If it wasn't a connection with the other people in the league I would have no use for it anymore. I'm thinking of only drafting guys who were coached by Urban Meyer just to track how many get suspended for one thing or another by the end of the season.

Exactly. But because the Eagle's O line was pretty porous, Browns defenders were in the Philly backfield and close enough to touch Foles when he slipped. Thus he couldn't di anything else.

He did do something else, he got up and threw a completed pass for 20 yards. I saw the play. There was nobody near him. He just tripped over himself. It wasn't until the cleveland coached challenged that they saw he was touched while he was down on replay.

It's the preseason -- you are criticizing quality of play? I am pumped for NFL and college.

Back