• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

The NFL Goes Deep With Mobile and Verizon

The league and Verizon announced Monday an extension to their mobile streaming agreement through 2022 that will give fans a series of options besides traditional television for watching their local teams, as well as games on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights, even the playoffs and Super Bowl.

The deal, which will cost Verizon more than $2 billion during the next five years, gives the telecommunications giant the rights to stream games across its variety of digital media brands, including Yahoo Sports, Complex and go90. In addition, fans no longer have to be Verizon customers to gain access to the games, which they can watch regardless of which company is their mobile provider.

I don't get the advantage for Verizon. Do people really need help to watch local games on their phone? Seems like anyone who cares would have already figured out how to do so. Streaming CBS or FOX isn't a big challenge, is it?

I don't get the advantage for Verizon. Do people really need help to watch local games on their phone? Seems like anyone who cares would have already figured out how to do so. Streaming CBS or FOX isn't a big challenge, is it?

The few times I've tried to stream local Panthers game through Fox on the TWC app, it blacks it out if I am not in my house. So i use the Verizon NFL Mobile app to stream them instead. Maybe there is just a straight Fox or CBS network stream, I don't know if that would be local or national, I've never tried. I've always gone to the Verizon app.

For Fox at least you could use Fox Sports Go, CBS you'd probably be out of luck.

It does seem like a pretty small market that this appeals to, especially with the end of unlimited data plans

Brutal article about Larry Johnson's CTE suffering.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-cte-violent-urges-memory-20171213-story.html

Johnson says he frequently gets brief but intense headaches, often triggered by bright lights or noise, and is increasingly jittery and forgetful. He has no idea how the Porsche's passenger-side mirror got smashed, nor can he remember the full sequence that led to the cluster of dents in the vehicle's rear hatch.

"Blank spots" are what Johnson calls the empty spaces in his memory, and there are seemingly more of them every year. But there's another similarity with Hernandez that scares him most.

Good article. Thanks for posting.

Yikes."Johnson fears that, by the time he's 50, he won't remember his own name."

That seemed like a pretty routine block to result in a paralysis, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, looked like he was moving his hands which is a good sign. Is that helmet for concussions?

Is there a compelling reason why the NFL Network can't create five minutes of content to air before RedZone launches? Seems like a waste to simply post a 5 minute timer every week.

Tommy Bohanan scored his second NFL TD today for the Jags

Last edited:
Back