• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
So the Falcons lost a guy who couldn't extend a lead in a championship game and hired a guy who couldn't extend a lead in a championship game.

Saban must be difficult to work under.

Maybe. Or a college OC wanted to be a pro OC.

True. It seems that once you are considered "damaged goods", it is going to be hard to get another college job. (Louisville excepted.) The pro ranks may be easier for Sark to advance. But the evidence still seems to be out there that Saban is hard to work for. Also, I'd prolly rather live in ATL than T town.

Maybe. Or a college OC wanted to be a pro OC.

While Sark may have wanted to be a pro DC, there is no doubt that Darth Saban is difficult to work under.

The restaurant and bar association is happy.

Does he know how to call run up the middle plays from the 20 yard line with 4 mins remaining to run out the clock and kick the game winning FG in the SB?! :tard:

Has anyone else ever coached in 1 major game and left?
Strange.

Breaking: Art Briles is the next Bama OC keeping with the trend of hiring out of the ranks of the the Fired Football Coaches of America.

Breaking: Art Briles is the next Bama OC keeping with the trend of hiring out of the ranks of the the Fired Football Coaches of America.

Is this true?

While Sark may have wanted to be a pro DC, there is no doubt that Darth Saban is difficult to work under.

There is really very little evidence to support this. Coaches pretty much only leave Saban's staff for a promotion, and many coaches come BACK to work for him after leaving the first time (Pruitt and Derrick Ansley on the current staff).

There are also several coaches who have been with him for many years on staff right now, like Burton Burns and Bobby Williams.

Tosh Lupoi turned down going back to his alma mater (Cal) to be DC and instead stayed at Bama in a lesser role.

Saban and Lane definitely had their issues, but other than that, coaches to seem to enjoy being at Bama and only leave when they get bigger/better jobs at other schools.

Even if Saban is hard to work to work for, he wins. These guys want to work for a winner.

Was joking on Briles. But it wouldn't shock me.

Even if Saban is hard to work to work for, he wins. These guys want to work for a winner.

Yeah, i probably should have been more clear. Not disputing that Saban is a tough boss, but he is also a boss who wins, and a boss who positions you very well for the future, and thus he is a boss people want to work for.

For example, he has had 5 OCs at Bama if you count Sark. 3 are now college head coaches, 1 is an NFL OC, and another is a major college OC.

Only had two DCs, but one is a college head coach now, and Pruitt will likely get a major college job within the next few years

Has anyone else ever coached in 1 major game and left?
Strange.

I mean he was on staff for the entire year in a non-coaching capacity until the championship game. It's not like he just showed up for one week.

What was Sark's contract situation? Seems like that would be a pretty big factor. I don't remember hearing about any extension with his one-game promotion, or even that he would be OC next year.

I find it fascinating that people are trying to figure out why a guy who isn't a current head coach would take a job as OC of the best offense in the NFL last year.

Back