• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

there are just so few teams that are interesting. everything is just so vanilla.

there are just so few teams that are interesting. everything is just so vanilla.

Right. They're largely interchangable.

You mean the ones who aren't watching NASCAR either?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...es/2017-07-28/4-reasons-for-nascar-s-big-skid

The NFL promotes the best teams. All the teams are in urban areas because that's where the people are.

Maybe its just me, but I'm far more interested in watching a game between the two up and coming teams like JAX-HOU, than another NFC East Sunday night game. I understand that its one of many reasons why the league sucks right now, but its certainly contributing. Urban areas, and their growing millennial populations, are caring less and less about he NFL.

As to Ayo's point, everything is vanilla because the rules have made it into a glorified 7-on-7 game. Everything is so robotic. There is only one way to play and win offensively anymore. Dink and dunk. Nothing else can succeed. And its BOOOORRRING.

Wouldn't the new rules favoring the offense mean that there should be more than one way to move the ball offensively?

It sounds like you are arguing against yourself, Brasky.

Maybe its just me, but I'm far more interested in watching a game between the two up and coming teams like JAX-HOU, than another NFC East Sunday night game. I understand that its one of many reasons why the league sucks right now, but its certainly contributing. Urban areas, and their growing millennial populations, are caring less and less about he NFL.

As to Ayo's point, everything is vanilla because the rules have made it into a glorified 7-on-7 game. Everything is so robotic. There is only one way to play and win offensively anymore. Dink and dunk. Nothing else can succeed. And its BOOOORRRING.

So you want to move franchises to rural areas? I don't see your point.

Yeah I'm not doing a very good job of making my points. Too many bears yesterday, participated in a bros only beer olympics as many of our SO's were out of town.

Overall my two points are that the NFL keeps hyping up the same tired matchups, and that the quality of play is down across the board due to the league having to creating an environment where check down passing is the most effective way to play. Every team is expected and rewarded for playing the same way. There is no variation. Which makes the product incredibly bland.

NFL Offseason Thread: Panthers beat Eagles (in the stands)

I agree with those points. I think we got there due to all players being at peak athleticism making it hard to gain a major advantage, showcase stars, avoid injury, and be innovative.

Technology also may hurt coaching because it's so easy to analyze opponents and pick up on trends. Any new wrinkle simply may not last very long until other teams figure it out. And everybody has the athletes to exploit it.

That's a terrible call in the Giants game. That was either a Collins INT or incomplete. Richardson was out of bounds before he had "possession" (which he never had anyway).

A couple solid, improvised TD celebrations this week:

-Robby Anderson grabbing a sweet reclining seat in Miami
-Travis Benjamin slipping while celebrating, and his teammates slipping around him in response

A couple solid, improvised TD celebrations this week:

-Robby Anderson grabbing a sweet reclining seat in Miami
-Travis Benjamin slipping while celebrating, and his teammates slipping around him in response
The Steelers hide and seek celebration was really good

NFL Offseason Thread: Panthers beat Eagles (in the stands)

I don't think any team is particularly interesting. Maybe Houston with Watson. Brady's last few seasons. There's nothing that is must watch. I'm kinda pissed that I have to watch the Panthers in person next week. The NFL depends heavily on fan loyalty to one team and fantasy football to drive viewership. Team X vs Team Y can only go so far.

Last edited:
I think there are many interesting teams, but not many good teams

I think it's the opposite. Maybe not good but capable of playing well on any given Sunday.

I don't think there were ever that many "interesting" teams. There's just more exposure these days to all 32 teams with RedZone, pervasive media, season-long Thursday Night Football, etc.

Back