• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

The Rams get it. They have the best RB in the league and a hot young QB on rookie deals. This is a great window.

I wasn't really impressed by Cooks this past year. Can't say I watched him too too much when he was with the Saints. Really not upset at this one.

It’s not a bad trade at all, for both teams. The rams are clearly going all in for 1-2 years, need to sell those PSLs. The patriots got a one year rental on a top receiver then flip him for a better pick than they gave up last year (saw in the end it was the equivalent of trading a 3rd for a 1st) while saving 8 million in cap space. There was no way in hell they were going to resign him after this year at the market rate wr are going at.

It’s certainly a risk because they’re spending more instead of drafting cheap but I like it. Drafting well with the picks they have will overcome it. They have plenty of reasons to win now.

It’s certainly a risk because they’re spending more instead of drafting cheap but I like it. Drafting well with the picks they have will overcome it. They have plenty of reasons to win now.

I agree they have to take their shot now, but when was the last time a team mortgaged the future like the Rams are doing and ended up winning the Super Bowl? It didn't work for Seattle acquiring Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham and Sheldon Richardson.

Brady and Gronk not attending team workouts. Supposedly they are still wanting explanation of the decision to bench Malcolm Butler during the SB. Also, Brady supposedly is unhappy that Belichick wanted to keep Garappolo as Brady's successor.

IF the Pats were to trade Brady on the eve of the draft, what would he command? IMHO, at least three first round picks plus maybe the starting QB of the other team. Or more picks, and or players at other positions.

Last edited:
Brady and Gronk not attending team workouts. Supposedly they are still wanting explanation of the decision to bench Fuller during the SB. Also, Brady supposedly is unhappy that Belichick wanted to keep Garappolo as Brady's successor.

IF the Pats were to trade Brady on the eve of the draft, what would he command? IMHO, at least three first round picks plus maybe the starting QB of the other team. Or more picks, and or players at other positions.

What? Maybe a 1st and the starting QB. He's old.

I don't think Brady would even play for another team -- could he not just retire if he was traded to somewhere he didn't want to go?

Who is Fuller?

650c4143e10da30f2cc6d55c1cdcc1ee.jpg

I don't think Brady would even play for another team -- could he not just retire if he was traded to somewhere he didn't want to go?

If he is pissed at the Pats, which is highly doubtful as this is probably all just media-made BS, I could see him refusing to play for anyone but the Jets and then orchestrating trades of himself to get to the Jets to turn them around to ram it up the Pats' ass like he did Goodell and Deflategate.

If he is pissed at the Pats, which is highly doubtful as this is probably all just media-made BS, I could see him refusing to play for anyone but the Jets and then orchestrating trades of himself to get to the Jets to turn them around to ram it up the Pats' ass like he did Goodell and Deflategate.

There is at least a little more than media BS. Brady is not attending workouts for the first time in forever. He had been the leader at getting the Patriot players to go to these unofficial, voluntary workouts. It was a lot harder for other players to stay away when the starting QB is attending.

If he really is pissed at the Pats, he could follow the Bret Favre pathway, when Bret went to the Vikings after being cut by the Packers, as you noted, going to the Jets would be a way of doing that.

Brady may want to get paid. He has taken less money over the years so the Pats could pay guys at other positions. He may want some "make up" checks. Maybe he wants to have the higher income in his house for a year.

Browns (maybe just Dorsey) really enjoying all this talk about them and what they're gonna do at #1. Does make for good entertainment to keep everyone guessing but not sure how it really helps them - maybe they are looking to smokescreen so everyone will have to react more quickly and they'll have contingency plans for #4

The first round of the draft does seem more exciting than past years, not knowing the number one, many potential trades, etc...

Given that there is little difference between the Top 4 QBs, it is crazy not to take a freak like Barkley #1 and then a QB at #4. This would make their offense formidable with Landry. They could used #33 or #35 for an OL or DL. They also have the Eagles #64 slot.

Given that there is little difference between the Top 4 QBs, it is crazy not to take a freak like Barkley #1 and then a QB at #4. This would make their offense formidable with Landry. They could used #33 or #35 for an OL or DL. They also have the Eagles #64 slot.

They just picked up Carlos Hyde and still have Duke Johnson at RB. It's not crazy at all to think they'd prefer another DE in Chubb at 4, who some say is a better NFL prospect than Garrett was.

The browns will have a sneaky good defense with Chubb

Back