• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

The biggest inefficiency in the NFL is that most teams would be better off with a cheap competent backup and saving 20 mil to spend elsewhere. Spending 30 mil on Kirk cousins types only works for like a one season window when you have a decent team.

And this is where the Eagles are. Starter Carson Wentz is on a rookie deal. Playing like he was all world. Backup Nick Foles is getting some millions but not a lot. Money put into (mostly) D line and linebackers.

It's such a huge luxury not to spend big at QB. Otherwise, you've got to spend wisely elsewhere. Still pissed the Panthers didn't do more during the window with Cam and Luke on their rookie deals. A good franchise has at least 3-5 high level players on rookie deals at all times. That's just from drafting one or two good players a year.

Gettleman trades JPP and a 4th to the Bucs for a 3rd round pick and a higher 4th. I'm not a huge fan of this deal as I value production over picks and the one-hand-man played well last year so to me a 3rd round pick is not likely to match his production, but I realize that his contract wasn't great so understand why the move was made. Most importantly, it clouds up the draft as it makes Chubb seem like a likely target. Giants could easily go QB, Barkley, or Chubb at #2, and that uncertainty drives up the price for those behind them. I think Gettleman spins that into hopefully a boatload of picks including multiple first rounders. If we're going to ride ELIte for another 2-3 years, we have to maximize the odds of improving the talent around him, especially on the Oline. We'll see.

nah, g-man is going to take some 6'10" dII o-lineman at #2 that he's convinced is the BPA

That made me think of Tanoh Kpassagnon, the 6-7 DE from Villanova. Didn't hear anything about him after he was picked in the 2nd round. He had 13 tackles, 2 sacks for the Chiefs last year.

Michael Bennett charged with felony assault for pusing a security guard in Houston at the superbowl there over a year ago.

Eagles just traded for him a few weeks ago.

Michael Bennett charged with felony assault for pusing a security guard in Houston at the superbowl there over a year ago.

Eagles just traded for him a few weeks ago.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the timing of his book release. fucking fascists.

Houston Police chief called him "morally corrupt" during the press conference yesterday. Vendetta or cop throwing his official position weight around?

Suh to the Rams, 1 YR $14. Paired up with Aaron Donald on the inside. That's ridiculous.

Patriots trade Brandin Cooks to the Rams for pick #23. So Bill got more for 1 year of Cooks than 1 year of Jimmy G. Hm.

Back