• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Can't wait till he is off by 1% of 50% the total of the other shitty selfish Dems.

yeah runoff already projected. but high 40s still a very good showing, should be a small fav over Handel in June.

No, this is Cleveland game 5. If it goes back to Chicago, forget about it.

Every dem who cared voted this time around. They won't get any more voters in June and I bet may lose some turnout who gave it their shot this time.

Pub vote will obviously be consolidated and I bet they have a higher turnout in June for all those that said, "No chance a dem wins here, I'll wait til June when it matters"

Just my guess

Can't wait till he is off by 1% of 50% the total of the other shitty selfish Dems.

What possible reason could they have not to drop out and give them votes to Ossoff when they see they're polling <1% going into it? I get third party candidates in national elections where the goal is to push certain policies into the spotlight or make a point on principle. But none of that is the case in a runoff election for a single district. Why?

What possible reason could they have not to drop out and give them votes to Ossoff when they see they're polling <1% going into it? I get third party candidates in national elections where the goal is to push certain policies into the spotlight or make a point on principle. But none of that is the case in a runoff election for a single district. Why?

Selfish dumb Dems.

By the way, there's a dude named Mohammed running as a Pub in GA-6.

Ideological purity is the Achilles heel of the left-lib democrat libtard not party of Lincoln party of left-lib leftists. Republicans fall the fuck in line behind the leader.

i don't think they shot their wad because no one, really on either side, ever expected to avoid the runoff.

analysis i've seen is that the enthusiasm gap is still very much in favor of the dems, and handel is not a very popular figure among even Rs. polling shows the head to head close but ossoff with better net favorables. of course tbd.

2018 Midterms: GOP clings to KS-4, Chaffetz still sucks

He is falling about 2% short in Cobb and DeKalb with almost all votes in.

More like 1.5% now. He need a very strong kick in Fulton.

As someone in the district I just can't see caring in another 2 months. It's another major problem in our political system, the time till the runoff election for a no name house representative special election is longer than the British take for their entire election cycle. It's crazy, have it next Tuesday, but that means more money, more ads, more bullshit can't be sent.

Handel is not very popular, but it definitely benefited Ossoff to not have to run against one person. Allowed him to tap in to the anti-Trump anger without having to get into policy specifics.

i don't think they shot their wad because no one, really on either side, ever expected to avoid the runoff.

analysis i've seen is that the enthusiasm gap is still very much in favor of the dems, and handel is not a very popular figure among even Rs. polling shows the head to head close but ossoff with better net favorables. of course tbd.

But the results will show they could have shot their wad and wrapped it up.

Handel is not very popular, but it definitely benefited Ossoff to not have to run against one person. Allowed him to tap in to the anti-Trump anger without having to get into policy specifics.

I'm not sure how the runoff will change that actually.

As someone in the district I just can't see caring in another 2 months. It's another major problem in our political system, the time till the runoff election for a no name house representative special election is longer than the British take for their entire election cycle. It's crazy, have it next Tuesday, but that means more money, more ads, more bullshit can't be sent.

Completely agree with this. They've already been running. Why run for 2 months? We could be in WW3 by then. Seems important to replace a Rep as soon as possible.

I'm not sure how the runoff will change that actually.

It will be different. The primary had all the Republicans sniping at each other. Now Handel can attack Ossoff. Also GOP money will come in.

Sure. That's different but it doesn't mean Ossoff will have to run on issues instead of pegging Handel to Trump.

Handel is pretty conservative, more so than the district. The usual awful social positions on gays and such which plays well with the rubes but not so much the wealthy white elitists that make up most of the districts conservatives.

Sure. That's different but it doesn't mean Ossoff will have to run on issues instead of pegging Handel to Trump.

Can do both, but presumably there will be a debate or at the very least he'll have to respond to attacks.

Handel is pretty conservative, more so than the district. The usual awful social positions on gays and such which plays well with the rubes but not so much the wealthy white elitists that make up most of the districts conservatives.

This is very true. She was essentially forced out of the Susan G. Komen foundation after trying to cut off funding for Planned Parenthood. Also she's lost more elections than Hillary.

Back