• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

So Ossoff outperformed polls, outperformed the 2016 candidate by 10pts despite running against 17 opponents, and the Dems now have a clear target - a woman that got the boot at a cancer charity after national outcry. Seems pretty OK to me, but our elections take way too long.

nice showing but unfortunately if Ossoff got 100% of Dem votes he still would have been short. all of the rest got 1% and he finished at 48.1%.

nice showing but unfortunately if Ossoff got 100% of Dem votes he still would have been short. all of the rest got 1% and he finished at 48.1%.

Wouldn't some attrition from Republican voters be expected between now and June? "My guy didn't win so I'm sitting this one out" type of thing.

2018 Midterms: GOP clings to KS-4, Chaffetz still sucks

Definitely. I get the impression a lot of Pubs hate Handel. This group may not fall in line behind her and Trump.

So two more months of taxation without representation in the House for the fightin' 6th.

Yeah way too simplistic to look at the party totals and try to extrapolate that out. I think it's going to be much harder for Handel to consolidate the voters from 10 other candidates than it will be for Ossoff to keep the ones he got. He already has a lot of people who have shown that they are willing to vote for him, he just needs to get them to do it again.

Last edited:
Yeah way too simplistic to look at the party totals and try to extrapolate that out. I think it's going to be much harder for Handel to consolidate the voters from 10 other candidates than it will be for Ossoff to keep the ones he got. He already has a lot of people who have shown that they are willing to vote for him, he just needs to get them to do it again.

i hope your are correct, but Reps really fall in line to support their own. it will be difficult.

i hope your are correct, but Reps really fall in line to support their own. it will be difficult.

They got 77% of the turnout from November. Pubs got just over 50%. It's going to be hard to keep that high while the Pub rate is low.

What the actual fuck does this tweet refer to?

Can't believe he only gets 31%. Who from TX can be undecided about Ted Cruz at this point?

2018 Midterms: GOP clings to KS-4, Chaffetz still sucks

Jason Chaffetz not running for re-election in 2018. That is super odd.

I was expecting Evan McMullin to primary him anyway.

He can remove himself from the stench of Trump by not having to run on Trump's record.

Last edited:
i will never understand how Trump is not considered a "hollywood elite". among his, *choke*, accomplishments is 25 acting credits. he is pumping money to GA.

Viral fundraising catapults Dem over Chaffetz

Maybe Chaffetz realized that, even as a heavy favorite, the race could be damaging.

Edit: Utah brothers launch billboard campaign to send message to Chaffetz

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Billboards!

Last edited:
Back