• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Chaffetz not seeking re-election?

a60e3146701b1e09721ca9f25af11ae0_thinking-emojipng-thinking-emoji_370-260.png

i think he is getting out before his name is found in some sort of scandal. there has to be dirt for him to just exit stage left.

The speculation is that he's running for gov in 2020. But a scandal would be entertaining.

Montana will spend $750,000 to avoid making it easier for Democrats to vote

Fitzpatrick’s bill had actually passed the Republican-controlled Senate, but not before Montana Republican Chairman Rep. Jeff Essmann distributed an “emergency report” blatantly admitting his concern that the change would advantage Democrats. “All mail ballots give the Democrats an inherent advantage in close elections,” he wrote, “due to their ability to organize large numbers of unpaid college students and members of public employee unions to gather ballots by going door to door.” In other words, Republicans can only win if it’s harder for more people to vote.

Give them credit for being straight with their real issue with the bill and not pretending they are worried about fraudulent voting.

posted this on the wrong thread (Russia) earlier (but could end up being the right one???).

Maybe Chaffetz knows the shit is coming down and he doesn't want to lead the House Oversight Panel vs. the Trump administration. He knows it could hurt his career.

Ph, your girl Louis feels differently. This tweet is from last week too.

Sounds like Chaffetz isn't finishing his term. Something is up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Chaffetz isn't finishing his term. Something is up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most innocuous reason is that he's tired of being in a position where he constantly has to justify not investigating the administration. He thought he had four years of anti-Hillary crusading ahead.

To steal from Reddit, I'm sure he has his treasons, but he's not Putin his best face forward.

First roach to scatter?

Back