• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

BIG day for the DSA.

It's super early, congressional polls can be all over the place, and we're going to get inundated by so many polls it will make me want to scream. That being said, a challenger with 50% at this point in the race seems pretty bonkers.

It's super early, congressional polls can be all over the place, and we're going to get inundated by so many polls it will make me want to scream. That being said, a challenger with 50% at this point in the race seems pretty bonkers.

Wow

LOL at that one. BKF's dad never made more than $7,500/year as a blue-collar machinist. He never had a car during the four years at WF, thumbing back & forth on I-40 when he went home for the weekend....and had less than $10 in his pocket more than 90% of the time he was there. When he graduated, he had to get a job & go to work immediately. He could not keep going to school and partying for 4 or 5 more years.
Why are you posting in the third person? It's weird. We know it's you.

NY Times is up to 74% reporting with the split basically the same.

NY results come in fast.

Edit: NYC results come in fast, I should say.

Last edited:
NY 9 is also close, the incumbent has 50.6% with 87% reporting. Other challengers not close.

Staten Island called for incumbent and Trump-endorsed Dan Donovan. Will face Max Rose in November.

The race has been called, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez beats Joe Crowley, long time incumbent and the fourth ranking Dem in the House.

I like the cut of Ocasio's jib. I'll be keeping my eye on her.

Lee Bright is a huge POS. Dude cannot keep a business open (3 bankruptcies) but somehow can get elected although the last time out for state senator he got pummeled as everyone is tired of his bullshit 1950's racist attitude.

I never in a million years thought he might replace Trey.

Good news-he lost his runoff. He was the leading vote-getter in the initial round, but everyone else rallied around the other guy (who I admittedly know nothing about).

More crazy Bright. This was part of the flag debate, although its not obvious from the content of the speech.

Back