• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

nobody has read the bill, that is why nobody has said anything supportive.

What do we think the popularity of this bill will be when the first round of polling comes out on it?

If polling had been done prior to the passage, I think it would be somewhere around 20-25%. I suspect with the passage and Donald saying IT'S HAPPENING!!! will put favorability somewhere around 35%

Is anyone in America other than rich white dudes excited about this? Like is Trump's poor white base in favor of this? I haven't seen any reporting and am genuinely curious

Well this is how it is being covered on Trump's favorite TV show:

Skip to 6:45 to hear Tom Price claim that this will provide healthcare for every single American.

Watch through to the end if you want to see them lavish praise on the president. Gotta feed that tender ego!

Well this is how it is being covered on Trump's favorite TV show:

Skip to 6:45 to hear Tom Price claim that this will provide healthcare for every single American.

Watch through to the end if you want to see them lavish praise on the president. Gotta feed that tender ego!

Lie after lie after lie

GOP House Candidate in Montana is Caught on Tape Praising Health Bill

Mr. Gianforte's attempt to appeal to two different audiences - Montana voters skeptical about the House's repeal bill and Washington Republicans eager to undo President Barack Obama's signature domestic accomplishment - illustrates the complicated politics surrounding the health law. While Republicans expect their elected officials to fulfill their longstanding vows to tear up the Affordable Care Act, the broader electorate is uneasy about abandoning the law's protections and benefits it has come to depend on.

This Republican Is an Endangered Species

Judith Casale said she is going to do everything in her power to stop Curbelo, one of the most vulnerable Republicans in the country in the 2018 midterms.

"I have never canvassed before, but I will f---ing crawl door to door to make sure you lose," the otherwise mild-mannered 60-year-old recalled that she tweeted at Curbelo as she sat in her living room on Saturday afternoon.

Casale, a Miami native who runs a small brokerage company with her husband Dan, said the couple depends on Obamacare after both developed preexisting conditions that made it almost impossible for them to find health insurance.

Though registered as a Democrat, Casale said she was not very politically active before Donald Trump's election, and had voted for Ronald Reagan.

"I have called him pretty much every day. I have faxed. I have tweeted. I have Facebooked," she said of Curbelo. "I have told him, fix it, don't repeal it."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/republican-endangered-species-n756151

Last edited:

All sides worked on it: freedom caucus dipshits, trumpian morons, and establishment pussies.

Here are two of the Dem challengers for Denham's seat, a 60 year old ER nurse and a 30 year old Silicon Valley bro.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...ge-against-rep-jeff-1494281316-htmlstory.html

Registered nurse Dotty Nygard will challenge Rep. Jeff Denham in the Central Valley's 10th Congressional District.
“I’ve lived and worked within this community for 24 years and feel I can actually lend my voice as a strong voice to my constituents,” said the 60-year-old who lives in Tracy, Calif.
Nygard, a Democrat, is an emergency room nurse at Sutter Health in Sacramento and a member of the influential, progressive California Nurses Assn.
Nygard said she was drawn to the race because of attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Denham voted for the House GOP repeal bill last week), her concerns about the environment and climate change, and a desire to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
“My advocacy for my patients goes far beyond the bedside,” she said. “I can’t idly sit by and watch the things that are happening.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...s-jeff-denham-draws-1493844264-htmlstory.html

A 30-year-old investor will challenge the Central Valley's Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Turlock) in 2018.
Turlock native and Democrat Josh Harder announced a bid for the 10th Congressional District on Wednesday.
Harder is a vice president in Bessemer Venture Partners' San Francisco office, where he focuses on investment in software, mobile and telecommunications. He moved back to the district, where he grew up, a month ago and will step away from his role with the company during the campaign, he said.
Harder has master’s degrees from Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School of Government, and a bachelor in economics and politics from Stanford University.
He wants to focus on job creation and economic opportunity in the Central Valley, pointing to people like his brother, who he said is still looking for a full-time job after five years of searching.

Idaho Republican Rep. Raul Labrador (ID-1) is going to run for governor in 2018. It's a heavily conservative district although a Dem did win in 2008.

Sean Maloney did indeed attend a town hall in a neighboring district:

As health care battle builds, Maloney targets Faso in his own district

C_Vy0IuXcAIYR6L.jpg

I watched a bit of it, the guy is pretty charismatic.

Some others are following suit:

Last edited:
I thought Maloney was Obama in that first picture.

What gets me about these town halls is that you could put pictures of these town halls and the town halls from 8 years ago side by side and aside from the signs, it would be hard to tell the difference. It's angry white people. It may not be the same angry white people but it's not like it's BLM or Muslims or Mexicans. No. It's angry white people. You'd think these Republicans would get a clue.

Back