• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Republican running for house in Montana assualted a reporter.

'18 Midterms: GOP clings to KS-4, GA-6 in runoff, Chaffetz folds early

There was a TV crew present. Looks like there should be some video. I doubt a 56 year old man "body slammed" a 30-something reporter. Anything less than Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant is going to look like an exaggeration.

Well I doubt Gianforte came off the top rope against him, but there is no good reason for a politician to lay hands on a reporter.

There's probably people in Montana who disagree. If Jacobs was weaselly and was pestering Gianforte and it was nothing but a shove, Jacobs comes off as the bad guy.

They called an ambulance?

'18 Midterms: GOP clings to KS-4, GA-6 in runoff, Chaffetz folds early

Whitney Bermes
Twitter › wabermes
Media posted by Whitney Bermes
Gianforte sitting in a Jeep. Sheriff's deputies were talking to him earlier. Now a medic is at the window talking with him. #bdcnews #mtal
9 minutes ago · Twitter

Heavy.com already has their 5 facts on Gianforte so you know some shit went down.
https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...business-wife-family-ben-jacobs-congress/amp/

@alexis_levinson

All of a sudden I heard a giant crash and saw Ben's feet fly in the air as he hit the floor

Montana went for Trump by 20 points. Not convinced this won't help Gianforte.

I refuse to believe that America is so far gone that a politician assaulting a member of the press and potentially getting arrested the night before the election will not have serious consequences at the ballot box.

I refuse to believe that America is so far gone that a politician assaulting a member of the press and potentially getting arrested the night before the election will not have serious consequences at the ballot box.

Doesn't really matter what you believe. It won't matter. Probably bullshit anyways.

Montana went for Trump by 20 points. Not convinced this won't help Gianforte.

Yeah but he lost in the governor race to a Democrat.

That could just be GOP propaganda to rile up the base and fundraising. There was a similar poll in the Kansas special election.

I don't think it will hurt Gianforte. For every voter turned off, there will be one more energized because he took it to the whiny liberal media. "Ow you broke my glasses" will work in Gianforte's favor.

Back