• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Don't know how reliable this blog is, but there is audio. Takeaway: Montana is weird.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/rob-quist-feelin-bern-weekend/

Those who did show up—a small fraction of the more than 9,000 who came to see Sanders a year ago—were exposed to a poem written by Quist containing suggestive language that compares the state of Montana to a woman.

In an audio recording of the poem, which can be heard below, small children are heard crying as Quist reads lines about "suckling breasts" and prostitution.

Sanders would have only been a slightly better president than Trump.

Fox News crew's account of the attack.

Fox News crew's account of the attack.

Good Lord - if that is Fox News' take on, I think body slam was probably pretty accurate.

'18 Midterms: GOP clings to KS-4, GA-6 in runoff, Chaffetz folds early

Based on that account, it was a choke slam.

The sheriff handling this incident is a Gianforte donor.

Last edited:
Gazette opinion: We're pulling our endorsement of Greg Gianforte

Although we're greatly troubled by this action against a member of the media who was just doing his job, to make this an issue of media intrusion or even a passionate defense of the role of a free press during an election would be to miss the point.

If what was heard on tape and described by eye-witnesses is accurate, the incident in Bozeman is nothing short of assault. We wouldn't condone it if it happened on the street. We wouldn't condone it if it happened in a home or even a late-night bar fight. And we couldn't accept it from a man who is running to become Montana's lone Congressional representative.

We previously supported Gianforte because he said he was ready to listen, to compromise, to take the tough questions. Everything he said was obliterated by his surprising actions that were recorded and witnessed Wednesday. We simply cannot trust him. Because trust — not agreement — is essential in the role of representative, we cannot stand by him.

While we clearly made a poor choice in our original endorsement, an even bigger mistake would have been to stand by it, or say nothing even though this editorial appears on Election Day and may open us to criticism of trying to unduly influence the outcome.

We'd point out that all the other questionable interactions Gianforte had with reporters, including one case where he joked about ganging up on a reporter, must now be seen through a much more sinister lens. What he passed off as a joke at the time now becomes much more serious.

Political robocalls, texts flood Montana before election, prompting complaints

A slew of last-minute unsolicited robocalls and texts imploring Montana voters to support particular candidates has prompted a handful of complaints to the Montana Office of Political Practices in the final hours leading up to the statewide special congressional election.

Robocalls are illegal in Montana unless they also feature a live operator who obtains permission from the called party before the message is delivered. The Republican National Committee paid for robocalls featuring the pre-recorded voices of President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence in support of Republican Greg Gianforte, seeking to become Montana’s lone U.S. congressman.

:facepalm:

Greg Gianforte is just a method acting role by Michael gaston correct?

160a2bdd7f40e3511fd364f7ec9a4577.jpg

05ad17e3a1c99126baff6b11fb319682.jpg

Gianforte on retirement:

“There’s nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it’s been an accepted concept in our culture today,” he said. “Nowhere does it say, ‘Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach.’ It doesn’t say that anywhere.”

“The example I think of is Noah,” he continued. “How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn’t like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn’t hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical.”

Gianforte on retirement:

“There’s nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it’s been an accepted concept in our culture today,” he said. “Nowhere does it say, ‘Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach.’ It doesn’t say that anywhere.”

“The example I think of is Noah,” he continued. “How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn’t like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn’t hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical.”

i hate these people that bring up the bible just for PR. i am sure it says nothing about assaulting people because they ask you tough questions...if fact, the New Testament clearly says to turn the other cheek.

Gianforte on retirement:

Yay for sola scriptura

The regulative principle (a reformed phrase) of...economics.

Yep there was no "social security" back in them thar bible days. Hard to argue against that.

That front page couldn't look any better for Quist.

DApts7QXoAA__rc.jpg

They owned by the same parent as the Winston-Salem Journal? Same layout, fonts, etc.

Back