• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Am I the only one that thought that sounded like a bunch of individual instances of Trump saying words/names spliced together to form an endorsement of Carol Miller?

It definitely sounds off. Other possibility: he actually endorsed her with those words but it was embedded in a 10 minute meandering word salad.

I like Ojeda a lot, especially his support for teachers and education.

Last I read he is within single digits of Miller but this CD is like a +30 or something Trump district. Going to be a challenge.

It definitely sounds off. Other possibility: he actually endorsed her with those words but it was embedded in a 10 minute meandering word salad.

I like Ojeda a lot, especially his support for teachers and education.

Last I read he is within single digits of Miller but this CD is like a +30 or something Trump district. Going to be a challenge.

+49 Trump.

Some polls have Ojeda up.

CNN had a good article about him yesterday.

+49 Trump.

The outlook in the House seems to be steadily improving for the Dems, but the Senate is looking more iffy. Heitkamp has dropped significantly in the polls over the past week or two, turning what was a very close race into a clear lead for her opponent (around a seven or eight point lead average, according to RCP). Both McCaskill and Donnelly appear to have dropped slightly in the RCP average as well, although Donnelly is still slightly ahead and McCaskill trails by about one point. On the positive side, Sinema in Arizona has regained her lead, and Nelson in Florida is moving up. If Arizona and Nevada switch to the Democrats, and all the Democrats except Heitkamp win, then control of the Senate will likely come down to Tennessee (tied) and Texas (Beto within the margin of error, and seemingly still moving up). Go Beto!

Last edited:

The outlook in the House seems to be steadily improving for the Dems, but the Senate is looking more iffy. Heitkamp has dropped significantly in the polls over the past week or two, turning what was a very close race into a clear lead for her opponent (around a seven or eight point lead average, according to RCP). Both McCaskill and Donnelly appear to have dropped slightly in the RCP average as well, although Donnelly is still slightly ahead and McCaskill trails by about one point. On the positive side, Sinema in Arizona has regained her lead, and Nelson in Florida is moving up. If Arizona and Nevada switch to the Democrats, and all the Democrats except Heitkamp win, then control of the Senate will likely come down to Tennessee (tied) and Texas (Beto within the margin of error, and seemingly still moving up). Go Beto!

I still see Beto as a long shot. And in TN, I still think you have to favor anyone with an R next to their name. I know Bredesen had some good polling numbers early on, but the metrics there just seem so overwhelmingly Pub that that will be difficult to overcome. And yeah, FL is looking better with no credit to Nelson (DeSantis appears to be weighing the Pub cause down), and ND isn't looking good these days. I'm still betting on a 50/50 final tally.

+49 Trump.

Oh I bet they did serve 7 later salad of shit. Anybody who listens to CNN has essentially given up on critical thinking

I still see Beto as a long shot. And in TN, I still think you have to favor anyone with an R next to their name. I know Bredesen had some good polling numbers early on, but the metrics there just seem so overwhelmingly Pub that that will be difficult to overcome. And yeah, FL is looking better with no credit to Nelson (DeSantis appears to be weighing the Pub cause down), and ND isn't looking good these days. I'm still betting on a 50/50 final tally.

Oh, I agree, and definitely think that Beto and Bredesen are still definite underdogs in their races. But, I think that's the best shot that the Dems have to retake the Senate. Assuming, of course that all the rest of the Dem incumbents other than Heitkamp are re-elected. On that count, at least, it is looking better and better. Truthfully, if the Democrats just break even given the ridiculously long odds against them (26 Democratic seats open to only 9 for the GOP), it will be a huge accomplishment. I think in 2020 the math is much better for the Dems, so the odds will swing in their favor.

Last edited:
The NY Times took a break from stalking diners in western Pennsylvania to post a profile on black women organizing in the south:

Driven by South’s Past, Black Women Seek Votes and a New Future

Many of the women are motivated by what they see as President Trump’s attempt to turn back the clock. But Ms. Brown says that alone will not drive people to the polls; they also want action on issues that touch their lives.

She is a co-founder of Black Voters Matter Fund, which aims both to motivate black voters and help them wield local power. Her work has convinced her that delivering on issues and building local relationships not only persuades black voters to cast ballots, but also to become regular voters.

Is everyone who graduates from WF these days as dumb as the liberals who post on these boards? If so, a lot of parents are wasting a hell of a lot of money.

Board liberals are dumb as bricks. They never learn anything because they think that they already know everything. They laughed all the way thru the ass-kicking that Trump gave them two years ago....right up until the minute they started counting the votes. That election was going to be a "landslide for the ages" with Hillary winning 350 to 400+ electoral votes. Totally clueless.....as was their candidate, who decided that it was not necessary to even campaign in Michigan & Wisconsin, even after Bernie beat her there in the primary.

And board liberals still don't get it, continuing to blame that loss on one excuse after another. As one tee-shirt I saw read: "The Russians didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did." Talk about blowing a slam-dunk lay-up. Now, they are on the verge of blowing another one in the House of Representatives. What will be their excuse this time for that one when they come up short in the battle for control there? And forget the Senate. Talk of Democrats flipping the Senate was always a silly pipedream. There are only two states where Democrats have a chance for pick-ups: Nevada & Arizona. They aren't going to win in Texas or Tennessee. And there are five states where the GOP has a good chance to pick up seats: North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana, Montana & Florida.

My prediction is that the Democrats will pick up around 15 seats in the House, leaving the GOP in control....and will actually lose a net of 3 or 4 seats in the Senate, leaving the GOP with an expanded majority of 55 to 45 or 54 to 46.

I also predict that after that happens, the millennial geniuses on these boards will have plenty of good excuses for why they were wrong....again.

Is everyone who graduates from WF these days as dumb as the liberals who post on these boards? If so, a lot of parents are wasting a hell of a lot of money.

Board liberals are dumb as bricks. They never learn anything because they think that they already know everything. They laughed all the way thru the ass-kicking that Trump gave them two years ago....right up until the minute they started counting the votes. That election was going to be a "landslide for the ages" with Hillary winning 350 to 400+ electoral votes. Totally clueless.....as was their candidate, who decided that it was not necessary to even campaign in Michigan & Wisconsin, even after Bernie beat her there in the primary.

And board liberals still don't get it, continuing to blame that loss on one excuse after another. As one tee-shirt I saw read: "The Russians didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did." Talk about blowing a slam-dunk lay-up. Now, they are on the verge of blowing another one in the House of Representatives. What will be their excuse this time for that one when they come up short in the battle for control there? And forget the Senate. Talk of Democrats flipping the Senate was always a silly pipedream. There are only two states where Democrats have a chance for pick-ups: Nevada & Arizona. They aren't going to win in Texas or Tennessee. And there are five states where the GOP has a good chance to pick up seats: North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana, Montana & Florida.

My prediction is that the Democrats will pick up around 15 seats in the House, leaving the GOP in control....and will actually lose a net of 3 or 4 seats in the Senate, leaving the GOP with an expanded majority of 55 to 45 or 54 to 46.

I also predict that after that happens, the millennial geniuses on these boards will have plenty of good excuses for why they were wrong....again.

Hi, bob! You can call us dumb all you like, but we certainly seemed to figure out your latest alias quick enough. What does that say about you? And we've all heard this argument before from you...dozens of times, in fact. You've made these same election claims as BKF, as SwissChalet, and now this. It's not new. It's nice that you seem compelled to come back and repeat it with a new username every few months or so. I figured you would return after the midterms if the GOP did better than expected, but you couldn't wait even that long to give one of your patented "dumbass fucking millennial liberals" posts. Is your retirement really that boring, bob, or is life in Randleman so unexciting that you couldn't stay away? My God, you're a bitter and angry little man. And that's not a personal insult, but simply an observation.

Last edited:
It’s funny to me how if a person opposes Trump and the destructive stupidity and dishonorable actions of modern Republicans, well, they must be a dumb liberal. Or lube. Or libtard.

Wake up people.

This post is a perfect example of the complete abdication of leadership by a wide swath of the boomer generation. Instead of leaving the republic in a better place than the greatest generation handed to you on a silver platter, many of you (not all) have bought into the bullshit brand of hyperpartisan, win at all cost, own the libs mentality pushed by nearly 3 decades of Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and Mitch McConnell.

You literally traded away building and solving problems for tax cuts, Supreme Court justices and owing the libs. And you managed to do it while running up deficits and bankrupting the country for at least a generation or two. And on top of it you’ve ushered in the most politically polarizing climate since the Civil War.

Again...real fucking solid leadership there. You should be proud.

Hey bob, you are one sorry ass attention whore. You just can’t stay away no matter how much you promise you aren’t coming back. You really are pathetic

How many usernames does that shithead have? He must be lonely and bored in his father-in-laws big old house in bumfuck Asheboro. Bob, don't you have some asshole buddies to play Kanasta with or something? Surely you could be saying some racist shit over a round of golf at the Randleman County Country Club(?) or wherever the 11 wealthy people in Randleman hang out.

If there is one thing that Democrats are good at, it is finding ways to fuck up winnable elections. This latest idea they have come up with....screaming at families in restaurants....is a real beaut. So much for that "enthusiasm advantage" that the Democrats had a few weeks ago.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...inally_have_unified_the_gop_behind_trump.html

The Democrats have not merely overplayed their hand in opposing the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, they have provoked a reaction that has serious consequences for the power struggle ahead. Most of them do not understand yet the gravity of their error because they still operate out of a rage that has its origin in the belief that Donald Trump’s presidential victory was somehow illegitimate, despite the lack of any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia (and the growing evidence that the Clinton campaign colluded – via cutouts Perkins Coie and Fusion GPS – to recycle phony stories from Russian intelligence into FISA warrants).

That unfounded sense of illegitimacy is their security blanket, enabling them to contain their despair over losing their grasp on power to a foe unafraid to oppose them frontally, someone who fights back and wins, even when the weight of the media is fully on their side. In the past, very, very few Republicans had the guts to resist early polling that reflected 90% of media hewing to the Democrats’ party line. The Dems naturally assumed that Professor Ford’s emotional testimony, supported by MSM coverage that presented it as absolutely conclusive evidence of Kavanaugh’s depravity, would either cause him to withdraw to end the personal pain, or a handful of squishy GOP senators to abandon him. But Judge (soon to be Justice) Kavanaugh is made of sterner stuff. And so is President Trump.

Had the charges not been quite so outrageous, quite so bizarrely “outlandish” (in Susan Collins’s word), perhaps they would have reaped more Senate squishes than Lisa Murkowski). They apparently forgot that Kavanaugh was a former member in good standing of the GOP establishment, the person who was at President George W. Bush’s side as much or more than any other of his staff for years. W, who has been quietly critical of Trump, could not stand by and watch a man he liked and admired slandered so cruelly, and began making calls to senators in support of Trump’s nominee.

Senator Lindsey Graham’s denunciation of his Democrat colleagues during the hearing Thursday last week marked his turning point, a break with the niceties of “my distinguished colleague” approach to Senate comity, and an understanding that the struggle is so mortal that solidarity is more important than finding a safe space.
The bullying also began to drive NeverTrump pundits like Bret Stephens of the New York Times into an appreciation of the importance of standing up to the Dems’ bullying.

For the first time since Donald Trump entered the political fray, I find myself grateful that he’s in it. I’m reluctant to admit it and astonished to say it….
I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.

Writing the Wall Street Journal late yesterday, Gerald Seib reviewed the consequences and concluded that the struggle:
...has bound together President Trump and the Republican Party as never before.

In the most contentious battle of his presidency, Mr. Trump and a party long uneasy with his leadership marched into the fray together. It is no coincidence that they did so in pursuit of the one goal on which they have always been able to agree: putting more conservatives on the Supreme Court.

Going forward, the salient consideration is that the whole approach to slandering Kavanaugh is being revealed as a setup. There is an actual potential crime to investigate:

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.
Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.
The statement to the FBI offers a glimpse into how Dr. Ford’s allies were working behind the scenes to lobby old classmates to bolster their versions of the alleged incident, as were Judge Kavanaugh’s.

This would have shown up among the FBI Form 302s that senators would have seen when they reviewed the sole copy of the FBI’s 7th investigation into Kavanaugh. They all know about it, and Chuck Grassley, the Judiciary chairman is another senator who is so outraged that he will not let this drop. If the 302 reports merit it, a criminal referral may be made to the Justice Department for suborning perjury or some other charge. If and when a grand jury is convened, a thread can be pulled, possibly unraveling the myriad of ties between Monica McLean and her former colleagues at the FBI and DOJ, and their communications. Senator Grassley is already demanding text messages and emails. A grand jury subpoena may be much harder to ignore.

Regardless of where this threat goes or does not go, President Trump has won over the doubters in the GOP camp like never before. He can thank Michael Avenatti, Chuck Schumer, Mazie Hirono, Monica McLean, Kama Harris, and the entire Trump-hating Demcoratic Party and their sidekick media for an assist in realizing this longed for goal.

Back