• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Is everyone who graduates from WF these days as dumb as the liberals who post on these boards? If so, a lot of parents are wasting a hell of a lot of money.

Board liberals are dumb as bricks. They never learn anything because they think that they already know everything. They laughed all the way thru the ass-kicking that Trump gave them two years ago....right up until the minute they started counting the votes. That election was going to be a "landslide for the ages" with Hillary winning 350 to 400+ electoral votes. Totally clueless.....as was their candidate, who decided that it was not necessary to even campaign in Michigan & Wisconsin, even after Bernie beat her there in the primary.

And board liberals still don't get it, continuing to blame that loss on one excuse after another. As one tee-shirt I saw read: "The Russians didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did." Talk about blowing a slam-dunk lay-up. Now, they are on the verge of blowing another one in the House of Representatives. What will be their excuse this time for that one when they come up short in the battle for control there? And forget the Senate. Talk of Democrats flipping the Senate was always a silly pipedream. There are only two states where Democrats have a chance for pick-ups: Nevada & Arizona. They aren't going to win in Texas or Tennessee. And there are five states where the GOP has a good chance to pick up seats: North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana, Montana & Florida.

My prediction is that the Democrats will pick up around 15 seats in the House, leaving the GOP in control....and will actually lose a net of 3 or 4 seats in the Senate, leaving the GOP with an expanded majority of 55 to 45 or 54 to 46.

I also predict that after that happens, the millennial geniuses on these boards will have plenty of good excuses for why they were wrong....again.

Hi Bob, how is your prostate?

Maybe, but given that GOP olds vote in every election anyway, I'm not sure it was really going to drive up GOP turnout all that much. I don't see them being enraged now that they've gotten what they wanted, they're already celebrating and trash-talking on social media. If the Democrats can't take at least the House next month after this travesty and two years of Trump, I don't know when they ever will.
I'm saying that Democrats need more voters - new voters. Madder voters wont really make a difference. Democrats are very desperate for the Republicans to defeat themselves - it's always "well this time the Republicans have really done something terrible and now people will be so mad that we win" and that doesnt work. What is the Democratic party doing, nationwide to ensure greater turnout? Besides just...not being Republicans.

I'm saying that Democrats need more voters - new voters. Madder voters wont really make a difference. Democrats are very desperate for the Republicans to defeat themselves - it's always "well this time the Republicans have really done something terrible and now people will be so mad that we win" and that doesnt work. What is the Democratic party doing, nationwide to ensure greater turnout? Besides just...not being Republicans.

Angry voters become volunteers and those volunteers do voter registration drives and they phone bank and canvass and drive people to the polls. That’s what is going on in Alabama anyway. The long repressed and ignored minority is angry and are working hard to get other voters out to vote.

Bob is banned again so we will see him after the election under another name I’m sure.

I don't disagree with that, other than to say that mad people can be new voters too, and the Democrats need all the voters they can get - mad old voters, mad new voters, inspired new and old voters, whatever works. Not only are Democrats waiting for the GOP to beat themselves, they also seem to be wasting time hoping for Republicans to somehow have a change of heart and see the light and turn on the party, as they did with Flake and Collins and Sasse during these Kavanaugh hearings. I do think that Democrats need to be something other than just anti-Trump. I've been impressed with a lot of the younger/newer Democrats running this year, like O'Rourke and Gillum and Sinema and Ojeda, etc. As a whole, they've been pretty impressive thus far. Not all of them will win, of course, but most of them are young and will be back again, and it's a good sign for the future of the party.

Last edited:
Bob is banned again so we will see him after the election under another name I’m sure.

Only if the GOP does well. If there is a blue wave, we won't hear from him, or many other recent right-wing posters, for awhile, probably. I also have no doubt that he'll continue to read these boards on a regular basis. Hi, bob!

The Democratic Party has to stand for something, they have to have imagination and ideas, they cant just skate by on being the alternative to Republicans. That is never going to be enough.

Any clear-eyed look at Pud should leave any decent person searching for an alternative.

But I agree, they should be clearly more than that.

Only if the GOP does well. If there is a blue wave, we won't hear from him, or many other recent right-wing posters, for awhile, probably. I also have no doubt that he'll continue to read these boards on a regular basis. Hi, bob!

TITCR. The turd posters here just float up to brag. Great to see a cameo today from Deacs89 before he returns to his hole under a bridge.

Taylor Swift gonna jack these elections UP !

giphy.gif

Just catching up on this thread. LOL at BKF. Love his hypocrisy of ranting about millennial while bet-welching and being filled with hate for the mess his generation made.

Can anyone recommend a Taylor Swift album?

The latest CNN poll gives Democrats one of their widest leads this year in the race for Congress - 54% of likely voters plan to vote Democratic next month, while 41% plan to vote Republican. It's the widest margin for the Democrats since 2006. The poll was taken just a few days ago, so it does factor in the Kavanaugh hearings and vote. The main reason for the wide gap is the gender gap: men favor Republicans over Democrats 50 to 45 percent, but women favor Democrats over Republicans by 63 to 33 percent.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/09/politics/cnn-poll-midterms/index.html

Back