• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

based on the numbers reported from Q3 filings in Illinois races that I read about this morning, Democrat fundraising is overwhelmingly individual donors and GOP fundraising is majority via PACs

I love this red tide metaphor.
77974139.jpg

The Republicans are going to asphyxiate us all in an unrelenting toxic pollution induced algal bloom that sucks all the oxygen out of the air.

No worries, only lazy Democrats will suffer.

Seems like oil subsidies and lobbying efforts are doing at least as much to stifle innovation in the energy sector as regulation.

based on the numbers reported from Q3 filings in Illinois races that I read about this morning, Democrat fundraising is overwhelmingly individual donors and GOP fundraising is majority via PACs

That seems to be a theme.

FiveThirtyEight uses only individual contributions in its model:

As of Sept. 30, Lauren A. Underwood had raised $2,626,000 in individual contributions (80% of all such contributions to the major-party candidates); Hultgren had raised $672,000 (20%).

That's a first time candidate in a red district raising 4x as much in individual donations as a four term incumbent. (The incumbent received $1.2 million from PACs and other candidates.)

Link

Last edited:
Ted Budd is hitting Manning hard with her involvement in the hotel parking garage deal in downtown GSO. I think that is a winner for him. Dems should have picked grass roots candidate and not the local oligarchy.

Ted Budd is hitting Manning hard with her involvement in the hotel parking garage deal in downtown GSO. I think that is a winner for him. Dems should have picked grass roots candidate and not the local oligarchy.
The Grassroots candidate Adam Coker would have gotten destroyed. There's a reason he got destroyed in the Democratic primary

And that reason was that the local Democratic machine was behind Kathy Manning, because she and her husband are the biggest local Democratic donors. That doesn't necessarily translate to a general campaign loss.

I met him at Common Grounds one time. Nice guy but there's no way he was going to win. He didn't generate much support from the progressive base in Greensboro.

Coker lost the primary before to pretty much unknown Bruce Davis who got killed by budd in the 16 election. This district is still up hill but Manning has made the race quite competitive

Back