• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

These so-called "insider loans", while perfectly legal, are heavily regulated.

“The banks argue this is an opportunity for the bank to have a strong loan on the books,’ says Emory University finance professor Rohan Ganduri.

Ganduri says bank loans to insiders, like Kemp, are governed by Federal Reserve laws. He says some bankers like making these loans to wealthy board members and shareholders since they're good credit risks and wouldn't want to harm the bank. But others worry about insider loans for one main reason.

“There are potential conflicts of interests. The insiders can treat these loans as a private piggy bank,” says
Ganduri says the Federal reserve sets strict requirements that loans be on the same terms a bank would give any other borrower. In short: no special terms or advantages.

So, we asked Brian Kemp's campaign staff to disclose the terms of his insider loans, to see if he was treated just like any other customer. They refused to share the information.

And the above ad is now dated. Here’s the latest Linklater ad on Cruz...hot off the presses.

More good stuff.

Virginia Foxx will stop winning when she decides to retire. The 5th District is unassailable from the left. Only vulnerable from the rural right.

Yep. Having grown up in in the northwestern NC foothills, they love her up there. The only chance of her losing that seat would be if her district somehow adds significantly more urban areas than it currently has, which is unlikely. Small-town and country folk adore her, unfortunately. I don't know why she's wasting money running ads - she's got money to burn, I guess.

Last edited:
Forsyth County is still quite a bit more conservative than Guilford County overall.

what does Foxx do other than fight her way to the front for photo ops with Trump?

Cruz’ wife must think he’s the biggest pussy alive for his capitulation to Trumpism.

Cruz’ wife must think he’s the biggest pussy alive for his capitulation to Trumpism.

Yeah, that was probably what clued her in and not all the other time she's spent with him.

This ad in the Illinois governor race, showing the Democrat candidate and speaker of the house getting married is getting a lot of buzz:

That's pretty hilarious.

Interesting new addition to the CLF's attack ads: VA-5. Brace yourself for some dumb commercials, Charlottesville.

I’m home sick today and made the mistake of turning on the Today show earlier. Holy political commercials Batman.

Although I did like the one above “Barbara Trumpstock” (about how Barbara Comstock votes with Trump 98% of the time”

Back