• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Do you want to start the '19 and '20 Elections thread?

Do you want to start the '19 and '20 Elections thread?

Yes, it’ll both clear up the thread for better discussion and put a bow on this last cycle.

The same idiots who predicted that Hillary would get 350 to 400 electoral votes in 2016 are now predicting that we will have a huge "Blue Wave" in November that will repudiate President Trump and sweep Democrats back into control of the House and....unbelievably...some are even saying back into control of the Senate as well.

They didn't know what they were talking about then and they haven't learned a thing since. The Liberal Media (and liberals on these boards) live in their own fantasy world fake news echo chamber. They have always lived there. The only difference is that now President Trump has exposed them for what they are and their credibility & power to influence elections has been drastically reduced. They will try with everything they can muster, of course.....but it wasn't enough in 2016 and it won't be enough in 2018.

As I said, the Democrats will gain about 15 House seats. No big deal, since average gain for an out-of-power party two years into a new presidency has been 26 seats since WW2. And they actually lose about 4 seats in the Senate.

Trump Derangement Syndrome will reach epidemic proportions after the November elections. I don't know if the Liberal Media Elitists & the Hollywood Crowd will be able to handle it, since they've completely lost their minds since the last ass-kicking they got.

Seems like our favorite welcher took another hit with this election.

Swiss miss Bob talking out of his ass...who would have ever guessed that!

Posted on 10/12/16:

This election is over. The only drama left is does hillary tell Merrick Garland to step aside so she can nominate a 35 year ultra liberal in perfect health for the supreme court.

:bowrofl:

Going big with TX and AK turning blue. UT goes to McMullin. Hillary wins in a landslide.

Nkx2A.png

Seems like our favorite welcher took another hit with this election.

The GOP also gained just two Senate seats, instead of the four or five that he was predicting. But, he and other Trumpites will always have those fond memories of 2016.

I think it's more sad than funny that a majority* of Americans bought into Trump's con, dismissed or justified his bullshit, and voted for the braggadocious lying idiot. Yay tribalism.

Based on what we know about the modal Trump voter, quite a few OGB posters voted for the man once and will likely vote for him again.

The board is collecting sworn statements from voters in rural Bladen and Robeson counties, near the South Carolina border, who described people coming to their doors and urging them to hand over their absentee ballots, sometimes without filling them out. Others described receiving absentee ballots by mail that they had not requested. It is illegal to take someone else’s ballot and turn it in.

Whoa.

Investigators are also scrutinizing unusually high numbers of absentee ballots cast in Bladen County, in both the general election and the May 8 primary, in which Harris defeated incumbent Rep. Robert Pittenger (R) by 828 votes. In the primary, Harris won 96 percent of all absentee ballots in Bladen, a far higher percentage than his win in the county overall — a statistic that this week is prompting fresh accusations of fraud.

Whoa!

Another irregularity in both the primary and general elections is the high number of absentee ballots in some precincts that were requested but not turned in.
In one sworn statement, Bladen County voter Datesha Montgomery attested that, on Oct. 12, a young woman came to her door and asked for her ballot, stating that she was collecting people’s ballots in the area.
“I filled out two names on the ballot, Hakeem Brown for Sheriff and Vince Rozier for board of education,” Montgomery wrote in the affidavit. “She stated the others were not important. I gave her the ballot and she said she would finish it herself. I signed the ballot and she left. It was not sealed up at any time.”

Holy...

Emma Shipman, 87, submitted an affidavit saying she gave a woman a filled-out absentee ballot. She said in an interview that the woman had come to her neighborhood, a predominantly African American cluster of homes in the town of Tar Heel.
“She said she was there to get older people to vote,” Shipman said. “She was kind of pushing me to do it.”
When Shipman went to vote during the state’s early voting period, she was told there was a problem, though she was later able to cast a new ballot.
She said she still isn’t sure if her vote counted, and the more she thought about it, the more it vexed her. “I thought about that woman every day,” she said. “What was she doing?”

shit.

And for some folks here, there's another whoa.

Well, at least Trump set up a voter fraud czar or some such.

Also, why am I in this fucking congressional district with people brazen enough to commit this type of voter fraud and people stupid and gullible enough to go along with it ?

You mean it tweren’t them ‘llegal aliens doin’ all the fraud?

Last edited:
I'm sure the lame-duck General Assembly will take immediate action to prevent this sort of absentee ballot fraud from occurring again. Gotta protect the integrity of our elections.

I'm sure the lame-duck General Assembly will take immediate action to prevent this sort of absentee ballot fraud from occurring again. Gotta protect the integrity of our elections.

Who would have known that absentee ballots were where most voter fraud occurs and that the voter id laws wouldn’t help that ???

Pretty funny though that the guy who's actually going to go to jail for voter fraud is a white guy trying to fix an election for a Republican.

Last edited:
Updates on the NC-9 Republican voter fraud scandal:

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/c...ballots-in-us-house-district-9-race/882660808
What Channel 9 found appears to be a targeted effort to illegally pick up ballots, in which even the person picking them up had no idea whether those ballots were even delivered to the elections board.

Consistently, Channel 9 found the same people signing as witnesses for the people voting, which is very rare.

Of the 159 submitted and accepted absentee ballot envelopes, below is the breakdown of those who signed as witnesses:

Woody Hester witnessed 44
James Singletary witnessed 42
Lisa Britt witnessed 42
Ginger Eason witnessed 28
Jessica Dowless witnessed 15
Cheryl Kinlaw witnessed 13
Deborah Edwards witnessed 11
Sandra Dowless witnessed 10

Many times, people on that list witnessed ballots together.

Channel 9’s political reporter Joe Bruno went door-to-door in Bladen County trying to find out who these people are.

No one answered at Woody Hester’s home. James Singletary wasn’t home either and Lisa Britt doesn’t live at the address she said she did on the ballots.

Bruno then visited Ginger Eason. She told him why her name appeared so many times as a witness.

“I was helping McCrae pick up ballots,” Eason said.

Eason said Leslie McCrae Dowless, Jr. paid her $75 to $100 a week to go around and pick up finished absentee ballots.

Eason said she never discarded ballots or saw who people were voting for, but after picking them up, she didn’t mail them. She said she gave them to Dowless.

She said Dowless never told her what she was doing was illegal.

For days, Channel 9 has been trying to contact Dowless. On Monday, Bruno confronted him, but he did not answer his questions.

“Did you pay people to pick up ballots?” Bruno asked.

“At this time, I have no comment. Have a great day,” Dowless replied.

------

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.c2663a005dba
Unusually high numbers of mail-in ballots were requested in the county — and unusually high numbers of those requested ballots were never returned, according to state records.

A disproportionate number of unreturned ballots had been sent to voters of color, who tend to vote Democratic. Nearly 55 percent of ballots mailed to Native American voters and 36 percent mailed to African American voters were not returned, while the non-return rate among white voters in the district was just 18 percent, according to state records.

In one subsidized apartment complex in Bladenboro, called Village Oak, half a dozen voters interviewed by The Post on Sunday said they were approached this fall by a woman who asked them to hand over their absentee ballots. Two other voters in other parts of the county told The Post similar stories.

Yates, Harris’s consultant, said that Dowless was hired by the campaign this year to contact absentee voters and urge them to vote for Harris on their mail-in ballots.
Before the May primary, Dowless set up his operation inside an empty storefront that Smith said he allowed him to use. With an office next door, Smith said he visited regularly and got a good view of Dowless’s operation.
He said Dowless told him he had a crew of about a dozen workers — many of whom he saw at the office — who moved from one precinct to the next, knocking on voters’ doors and offering them ballot request forms.
Once the absentee ballots were mailed to voters, Dowless used public lists of mail-in ballot recipients and sent his crew to collect them and promise to turn them in, Smith said.
“He would report to the campaign every day, ‘We got 50 today’ or ‘We turned in 60 today,’ ” said Smith, who fell out with Dowless after this year’s primary, when they supported different candidates for sheriff.

Yates, the campaign consultant, confirmed that another contractor for Red Dome gave Dowless electronic lists of voters who had been sent ballots.
The sole purpose, he said, was for Dowless to follow up with those voters to encourage them to cast their ballots for Harris.
“To be clear, I instructed Mr. Dowless on a number of occasions that neither he nor anyone working with him or volunteering with him could collect ballots,” Yates said, adding that if he knew Dowless or his staff were taking ballots, he would have severed ties with the operative.
Smith said that in the primary, Dowless focused on three Bladen County precincts in particular: Bladenboro 1, Bladenboro 2 and Bethel, places that had high numbers of mail-in votes, according to state records.
Smith said he never saw Dowless destroy a ballot.
Yates said that Dowless called him regularly to give him updates on the number of absentee-ballot requests he had collected but that they did not discuss numbers of absentee votes he was delivering for Harris.
In the spring primary, Harris defeated the incumbent, Pittenger, by fewer than 1,000 votes — thanks in part to winning an overwhelming 96 percent of Bladen County’s absentee mail-in ballots.

Seven residents of Village Oak interviewed Sunday recounted seeing the operation in action. Jeneva Legions, 30, who works at the Family Dollar store down the road, said several women came to her apartment in October right after her absentee ballot had arrived in the mail.
Legions said one of the women urged her to fill out her name, Social Security number and signature. When that woman came back, “she just said, ‘I’ll take it,’ and I gave it to her.” The ballot wasn’t sealed, Legions said. Legions said she does not remember filling out the ballot but would have voted a straight Democratic ticket. State records show that her mail-in ballot was never returned to county elections officials.
Asked why she turned over the ballot, Legions said: “You know, I’m thinking, she’s with, you know, the voting people. So I’m thinking she’s coming by to get my ballot.”
Beverly Tyler, 45, also a resident of Village Oak, said a woman came to her as well, asking for her absentee ballot. Tyler said she remembers seeing a truck parked in front of her door with a Mark Harris logo on it. Tyler, who is unemployed and seeking disability benefits for a back injury, said she turned her ballot over as well. She said she does not remember whom she voted for. Her ballot was turned in to the county, records show.
“I didn’t know what was going on,” she said, to explain why she turned over her ballot. “I thought everything was okay.”
Stacy Holcomb, 57, another resident who is on disability for a knee injury, described much the same — though he said the woman came by twice, first to prompt him to fill out a ballot request form and then, after the ballot had arrived in the mail, to collect it.
“I filled it out and gave it to her,” he said. Holcomb said he recalls sealing the ballot before he handed it over. He said he does not remember whom he voted for. His ballot was turned in.
All of the voters described the woman as young with long, straight blond hair. The woman sometimes stays with her mother in the Village Oak complex, they said.
When The Post knocked on the door of that apartment Sunday, a woman fitting her description came to the door.
“I’ve got nothing to say,” she said, two toddlers visible behind her, before shutting the door.

Back