• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Chaffetz needs to be careful. I think Evan McMullin is in his district and could easily beat him running on conservative disgust with Trump.

I've always been of the opinion that the people who enacted Obamacare knew it would 1) obviously, get more people covered 2) raise prices overall by quite a lot and thus not actually be effective. But would ultimately push America towards a single payer system which has always been the real goal, because as noted on this thread, it's easy to say repeal and replace, and a lot harder to actually tell a whole lot of people hey you're going to lose coverage. Just like Obama had to lie and say prices wouldn't raise and you could keep your doctor, because telling them the truth would've been a non starter.

And no, I'm not fundamentally against socialized medicine and think there are very good arguments for it. The question as always is just how would we pay for it.

Last edited:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...s-now-evenly-divided-on-impeaching-trump.html

Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump

PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed. Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week. While Clinton voters initially only supported Trump's impeachment 65/14, after seeing him in office over the last few weeks that's gone up already to 83/6.

Those 49-45 numbers in favor of Clinton pretty much haven't changed since Election Day.

Roskam has been in the House since 2006. He beat Tammy Duckworth 51-49 in his first election and hasn't gotten less than 59% since.

If he's scared...

Man, Utah really carves up Salt Lake City in their districts:

Utah_Congressional_Districts_Map.PNG

Weird, it's almost like they want to make sure that no Dems are elected....

Think about how much money this saves George Soros.

On the other hand, its money taken out of the economy. Those whiny millennials who are paid to protest would have quickly spent the Soros check on craft beer and vegan mayonnaise.

Chaffetz runs in a state where they wear magic underwear, believe a third testament of the bible was found in America in the 1800's, and have convinced their women that Jesus told them it was okay to bang other chicks.

He's gonna be fine.

Read that earlier today or yesterday. I feel like that article was written because optimistic Dems were requesting it. Nov 2018 is a long way away.

Read that earlier today or yesterday. I feel like that article was written because optimistic Dems were requesting it. Nov 2018 is a long way away.

Agreed. Can't believe we're only 3 weeks, 4 weeks into this shitshow. Feels like an eternity.

Back