• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

So how does the fact the DNC has been focused on Tom Price's seat factor into this? They see more light in GA than KS?

I'm not going to speculate on the DCCC strategy, but having lived in Tom Price's district for 10 years, the people there are the type that you might expect to be able to swing with a push for Ossoff (it's a very affluent, well-educated district--this isn't Tea Party country). In KS6, Thompson ran mainly by positioning himself against Brownback, and it seems like it worked. Maybe taking the same strategy in Kansas as in Georgia could have alienated voters. I think the risk of charging into Kansas without a sophisticated idea of how to do it potentially posed a bigger risk than pouring money into Georgia

A 20 point swing within Trump's first 100 days in office in a district that he won handily seems like a pretty huge deal.

Attention now turns to Georgia, and then hopefully to Montana. Zinke won in 2016 by 16 points and Trump won by 21.

No. They stayed out of the way but they didn't help the locals at all.
Yeah, the notion that the DCCC denied Thompson's request for 20,000 for mailers as a strategy is beyond stupid. Fucking Trump and Paul Ryan made robocalls for Estes.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Right. But beyond that, the DNC waited to react to the Republicans getting worried instead of being proactive.

He asked the Kansas dem party for 20,000 not the DCCC and they said they couldn't afford it. DCCC did try to help fundraising and GOTV for him.

GOP is so fucked. Idiots. Almost all of them.

"At one point, Harris became so frustrated by the crowd that he stopped answering a question about his support for legislation allowing Internet providers to collect and sell users browsing histories.

“In a free marketplace, you have a choice of going to an Internet service provider that shares your information or one that —” Harris said, before he was cut off by boos.

“No you don’t!” someone snapped.

He asked the moderator for the next question, to even greater boos."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...03e1f6394c9_story.html?utm_term=.2932aaf86263

Clucky the Flaky Chicken Was the Best Thing at Jeff Flake’s Town Hall

flakychicken_1_of_1_.jpg

Pubs have gerrymandered control and are now having to deal with the fact that everything they want is unpopular

Well we couldn't expect Republicans to play fair.

I can't stop laughing at "tell John Podesta I say hello." The Alt Right has built Podesta into quite the boogeyman.

Back